House Price Crash Forum

What Happenned To Sbn?

sbn

HOLA441

I have been lying low for a while on hpc.

I don't know if I have been missed, but I feel a confession session coming on.

I always said that I was an ftb, str, owner, and renter. And that was all true at one stage or another.(many at the same time) Well........

Well.......I've gone 100% into the debt slavecamp.

I could justify it 20 different ways re money, inflation, the madness of governments etc, but the cold hard truth was closer to home as so many here have already observed. The sbn clan needed a cave.

I blinked first.

I was the last bear to turn bull.

The markets stayed irrational longer than I could stay solvent.

And now I am I'm a sort of hpc nomansland.

I'm sorry guys.

HOLA442
HOLA443

In the current rigged market I think it is very hard to know when is the best time to do anything - buy, rent, str etc.

On the current QE swelled market, with rises predicted for the next 5 years you have probably done the right thing for yourself and family. All you can do is give it your best shot.

I was a massive HPCer in the true sense of the word back on the year 2000, at the time I thought houses were hideously overpriced. Fortunately for myself and the family I did buy then despite my massive concerns.

The whole thing though is like speculative gambling, you win some, you lose some, the trick is not to let is worry you too much. Heck, I can kick myself have flogging my £3 bit coins when they hit £30 - sometime the bubbles just have even further to ride than you can imagine.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

We were looking forward to owning our own home, but with possible redundancy looming we have concluded that perhaps it was just not meant to be.

We also consider we had a luck escape as we almost bought a house 20 miles from where I work and if I had to relocate then I could be adding 10 miles to that each way!

HOLA448

Times like these certainly try the best of us. There was always a feeling 2003-2007 that we knew a crash was inevitable, and within a relatively short space of time because the banks still had to adhere to basic issues like borrowers being unable to pay. Now, with the state and all its money printing powers, i just dont know. Sure a crash will come, but over what time line. Will it take 20 years of purchasing power and real wage erosion for people to demand higher rates..who knows.

I wont buy a 'conventional' house at these prices, but if I see something with a big garden that would likely get planning permission to subdivide and allow me to sell a plot, which might take the sting out of paying so much more than that short window of near reasonable prices in late 2008/early 2009, I may have to buy.

HOLA449

I thought you'd probably gone fishin' Sbn, hunting down the fabled lurker prime.

Seriously though, I do think prices will tank in the next couple of years but I could be wrong. I hope your leverage ratio is healthy just in case. Good luck to you. No apology needed. :-)

Q

HOLA4410