House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Nigella ... 'that Regular Cocaine Users Do Not Look Like This'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/nigella-lawson-in-court-for-second-day-8985009.html

The reality of the home life of the “Domestic Goddess” Nigella Lawson was laid bare on Thursday as the television chef told a court: “If you want to put me on trial, put me on trial.”

During her second day in the witness box at the fraud trial of two of her personal assistants, Ms Lawson was subjected to detailed questioning over the scale of her drug use.

She denied allegations by the defence that she kept a supply of the Class A drug cocaine in a hollowed out book in the home she shared with former husband Charles Saatchi, the reclusive art dealer. “I promise you regular cocaine users do not look like this,” she told the court. “They are scrawny and look unhealthy. If you think I’m going to sabotage my health and leave my children as orphans, you are very wrong.”

I can't recall Danniella Westbrook looking scrawny and unhealthy well not until her nosed collapsed, then she really looked unhealthy.

Hasn't she confused cocaine with heroin and crystal meth?

From I hear and read cocaine use is epidemic in the meeja - is this true? Perhaps the meeja could investigate? Ah... slight problem there perhaps?

You're thinking of crystal meth or heroin, love.

Loads of fat coke heads about, just look in any Yates on a Saturday night.

I've a friend in her late 40's who has been a heroin addict for the last 15 years, she also uses cocaine or handfuls of solpadeine as a top up. Very middle class, very healthy looking, that said she's lost all her teeth and now has falsies but you'd never know on the surface that she's a druggie as it's all behind closed doors. However she gets terrible infections particularly in her legs, arms are usually always covered as it's obvious she injects.

So what Nigella said is utter bull.

Lovely woman by the way, attractive, educated but hopelessly addicted. Able to keep the charade going because her family shelters her.

Telly addicts, hosted by Noel Edmonds?

Too bad it wasn't crystal meth.. you wouldn't even need to change the title to "Dancing on Ice"

It's at times like this that I miss Spitting Image.

Amazing that you can admit to class A drug abuse in court and no-one bats an eyelid.

Tweet about it and plod will be battering your door down at 2am and you'll do jail time.

It used to be that if you had taken drugs they wouldn't let you into America. Is that not now the case?

If you've had a caution or convinction it's more problematic.

But let's face it, kids of the elite can do anything they want. They're not subject to the law.

It used to be that if you had taken drugs they wouldn't let you into America. Is that not now the case?

This got raised by some luvvies on, IIRC, The Matthew Wright Show briefly this week - but seemed to get glossed over in a nano-second.

Probably not a problem if you are rich and a celeb? Didn't Paul McCartney get done re drugs in Japan decades ago but still carried on visiting and living in the States?

They should have got a line up in of drug users and asked her to guess which one was using what? Naturally, one of them would not be using anything.

Might make a good TV show.

What's My Line

I've a friend in her late 40's who has been a heroin addict for the last 15 years, she also uses cocaine or handfuls of solpadeine as a top up. Very middle class, very healthy looking, that said she's lost all her teeth and now has falsies but you'd never know on the surface that she's a druggie as it's all behind closed doors. However she gets terrible infections particularly in her legs, arms are usually always covered as it's obvious she injects.

So what Nigella said is utter bull.

Lovely woman by the way, attractive, educated but hopelessly addicted. Able to keep the charade going because her family shelters her.

Fascinating - I didn't realize someone could be addicted to such a coctail of drugs and still be 'high functioning'.

So, is Nigella back on the market? Does she have any interest in men who are not multi-millionaire advertising and art dealers?

I saw a headline where Nigella was saying how badly he treated her - I had to laugh. It's not like she's a pennyless working class woman who couldn't leave for fear of losing the roof over her head, is it.

And even though he was photogrhaphed with his hand around her throat, as soon as they split up, the skinny one off that 'what to wear' program (trinny and suzzana? dunno which one she is), was only too happy to be seen dating him.

Status trumps everything else when it comes to female attraction. You can be an OAP who strangles your woman in public, and women decades younger will still be lining up if you're rich and famous enough.

I saw a headline where Nigella was saying how badly he treated her - I had to laugh. It's not like she's a pennyless working class woman who couldn't leave for fear of losing the roof over her head, is it.

And even though he was photogrhaphed with his hand around her throat, as soon as they split up, the skinny one off that 'what to wear' program (trinny and suzzana? dunno which one she is), was only too happy to be seen dating him.

Status trumps everything else when it comes to female attraction. You can be an OAP who strangles your woman in public, and women decades younger will still be lining up if you're rich and famous enough.

You cynic Joe :lol:

Edit:

Perhaps the money helps?