House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

corevalue

Unarmed Man Charged With Wounding Bystanders Shot By Nypd Officers

http://rt.com/usa/unarmed-man-charged-nypd-shooting-736/

In the latest turn to a developing case an unarmed man involved in an altercation with New York City police near Times Square, which resulted in the shooting of two bystanders, the district attorney’s office is holding him responsible for their injuries.

According to an indictment unsealed on Wednesday Glenn Broadnax, 35, of Brooklyn, NY, has been charged with assault over the September 14 incident which left many wondering whether the use of force by police in a crowded area was justified.

He began wading into busy lanes of traffic in the bustling Times Square area, drawing a crowd and the attention of police officers who attempted to contain Mr. Broadnax, a 250-pound man described as emotionally disturbed.

Under the assumption that he was armed, two officers opened fire when Broadnax reached into his pants pockets, instead hitting two women bystanders. The bullets struck a 54-year-old woman in the knee and grazed another 35-year-old woman.

It always worries me a bit when I see our police walking around cradling machine guns, but at least they don't appear to be so trigger happy as the moronicons. They only murder innocent electricians when ordered......

Give a man a gun and you take away the requirement for critical thinking and the necessity for a calming demeanour and respectable presence.

You essentially hand them limitless fear and the ability to terrorise rational people by just presenting a firearm openly.

Cradling MP5's and having hands swinging menacingly, John Wayne like, past a Sig Sauer/Gloc automatic pistol every second is not cool. Not at all.

http://rt.com/usa/unarmed-man-charged-nypd-shooting-736/

It always worries me a bit when I see our police walking around cradling machine guns, but at least they don't appear to be so trigger happy as the moronicons. They only murder innocent electricians when ordered......

Two innocents hit seems hardly worth reporting.

I believe NYPDs current high score for wounding innocent passers by is a more impressive nine...

NYPD Gunfire In Empire State Building Shooting Wounded All Nine Bystanders, Says Ray Kelly

New York Police Commissioner Ray Kelly said all nine bystanders wounded in Friday's Empire State Building shooting had been hit with police gunfire, CNN reported Saturday morning.

According to Kelly, of the nine wounded, three suffered gunshot wounds and six were hit by fragments... (cont)

As for British police butching up in black and strutting around with MP5s, it's arguable that's all about appearances rather than being a practical solution to any probable threat.

They're there as visible expression of state power which is, depending on the viewer's mindset, reassuring or intimidating. From the state's point of view, either's good.