House Price Crash Forum

Guido Fawkes And Bedroom Tax

HOLA441

The bedroom tax exceeds the cost of a bedroom. You might be paying £7 for your extra room, but the person on benefits would be charged £10 for it.

The bedroom tax exceeds the cost of a bedroom.

Round my way if i want an extra bedroom thats going to cost me +300 a month extra on rent, as i am not eligible for any help i decide to make do with a poxy one bedroom flat, nowhere to store me junk , is me human rights violated :rolleyes:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Round my way if i want an extra bedroom thats going to cost me +300 a month extra on rent, as i am not eligible for any help i decide to make do with a poxy one bedroom flat, nowhere to store me junk , is me human rights violated :rolleyes:

Everyone's human rights are violated in this country when it comes to housing. You have no right to build a house, you have no right to adequate housing. That is a great injustice.

If it weren't for the denial of the basic right of a person to house himself by constructing a house, then there would never have been a need for the state to house people.

HOLA443

The bedroom tax exceeds the cost of a bedroom. You might be paying £7 for your extra room, but the person on benefits would be charged £10 for it.

The bedroom tax exceeds the cost of a bedroom.

No it doesn't. You can rent it out for a lot more than £10 per week. You could have rented it out for more than in the 1980s!

HOLA444

No it doesn't. You can rent it out for a lot more than £10 per week. You could have rented it out for more than in the 1980s!

Yes it does, the government sets the cost of a bedroom and it sets the cost of the bedroom tax.

The bedroom tax exceeds the cost of the bedroom.

The £7 bedroom rent and £10 bedroom tax are an example. In some places a bedroom would cost much more, and the bedroom tax would be even higher still.

And when it comes to renting out the bedroom, you also rent out shared access to the kitchen, bathroom etc., sometimes you might not even be allowed to rent out the bedroom legally because it would be too small.

HOLA445

Everyone's human rights are violated in this country when it comes to housing. You have no right to build a house, you have no right to adequate housing. That is a great injustice.

If it weren't for the denial of the basic right of a person to house himself by constructing a house, then there would never have been a need for the state to house people.

Really cant disagree, my comment about me human rights was a tad facetious but with an element of truth, i guess easier to hate the guy up the road getting all the free stuff than the criminals that supposedly run this country.