House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Age Of Austerity Nearing End May Boost Global Economy

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-12-05/age-of-austerity-nearing-end-may-boost-global-economy.html

The age of austerity may be nearing an end as governments ease the fiscal cuts that restrained economic recoveries.

After three years of slashing budgets bloated by recession and the stimulus deployed to fight it, U.S. and euro-area officials are finding less need to retrench as their previous efforts and improving economic growth help narrow deficits.

Austerity coming to an end, I'm sure we are all relieved that after the UK spending YoY more money than previously is can now get back to spending more money YoY.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2013/12/05/uk-britain-budget-idUKBRE9B400U20131205

(Reuters) - chancellor George Osborne is set to announce a turning point in his battle to fix the country's public finances on Thursday, but falling living standards mean he cannot declare victory.

A sudden pickup in economic growth means Osborne's goal of fixing Britain's finances is no longer out of reach and he is set to announce the first big fall in projected public borrowing since the coalition took power in 2010 when he delivers a half-yearly update on the budget.

Seems this might be today's press theme.

Almost getting close to recovery so decides ( 18 months before an election ) to promise to spank almost £400Billion of other peoples money....It's not a vote winner for me i;m afraid.

Almost getting close to recovery so decides ( 18 months before an election ) to promise to spank almost £400Billion of other peoples money....It's not a vote winner for me i;m afraid.

Bearing in mind that that £400 billion is spread over the next couple of decades, and the UK economy is something like £1.2 trillion.

In that context it's barely keeping the lights on.

I am sure the 400 billion will be carefully targeted at the over 40's

A big chunk will be spent on hiding unsightly wind farms from the sensitive eyes of morons. An economic priority of the first order.

I look forward to the floating roads and factories, and maybe an off-shore Kirstie Allsop.

Edited by (Blizzard)

Well there is two distinct timelines here. Theres the one where this happened and the one where labour kept going. I wouldn't want to be in the labour one, right now they're probably being bailed out by the germans like greece were.