House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
moit

High House Prices And Low Job Security Are Good For You

House prices are high.

Assets are expensive.

Job security is dropping all the time.

Education is more expensive and degrees are less valuable than they used to be.

Things are tough and will probably tougher, possibly a LOT tougher, before they get better.

Good. Bring it on. It'll will make our generation tougher and more honest then the previous ones. We will be better people and we will happier when we die.

Who is the more satisfied person? The one who rode their own pushbike to the top of mountain or the one who was chauffeured in a limo?

out.

Edited by moit

House prices are high.

Assets are expensive.

Job security is dropping all the time.

Education is more expensive and degrees are less valuable than they used to be.

Things are tough and will probably tougher, possibly a LOT tougher, before they get better.

Good. Bring it on. It'll will make our generation tougher and more honest then the previous ones. We will be better people and we will happier when we die.

Indeed, keep slaving away in endless self-denial, gotta keep the retired baby boomers and louts in undue comfort.

Houses are for your olders to own and live in, limos are nice to look at, but watch they don't knock you down whilst you're cycling along to work... no doubt you will be quite tired after the standard 14 hour shift, that being your second job.

Remember, if you live to the subtle age of 97 you will recieve a free lollipop, but only if you've finished paying down those student loans from your nursery and primary school days.

House prices rise 40% in accordance with the third 5 year plan, each subject now has the quota of 1.85 boots, be proud citizen, be proud, your country needs you! (but you don't need your country!)

Sorry moit, this might make you feel better about yourself, but in my view this is just unmitigated b*ll*cks. And far from being "better" I suspect things will get nastier and there'll be lots of fraudulent/unscrupulous dealing going on - people will still get shafted and ripped off in your brave new world.

Haha. I can't believe that you ended your first post with "out."! Where do you live - 1992land?

Anyway, your first post is a load of individualist rubbish, ending with an absurd mixed metaphor. You talk about the supposed new economic reality that you hope will happen and then, to prove your point, include a weird mountaineering proof. Your final comment should have been to do with ecomomics, viz:

"Who is the more satisfied person? Someone how is unemployed and does not own anything, or someone who has a satisfying, secure job with a selection of assets accrued over time"

But then, that would not prove your point.

I suggest that you start with the facts and then arrive at your conclusion. Not the other way around.

Good. Bring it on. It'll will make our generation tougher and more honest then the previous ones.

Yes, I'm sure those of my grandparents generation who survived the First World War will agree with you that they had it far too easy.

And as for my parents generation, many of whom fought and died in World War Two, I'm sure they too will agree with you that they had it far too easy.

You do indeed sound very tough. I'm very happy for you. Still, next time, try and think before you post.

Nomadd

Guest Bart of Darkness

I know my parents, who grew up working class in the north of England in the 1930s certainly had it far too easy. They only had worldwide depression followed by World War II to cope with.

Wouldn't last 5 minutes today.

The younger generation seem to want it all on a plate.

We are you're children, so dont be too harsh on yourself for doing such a bad job :ph34r: