House Price Crash Forum

Cry Freehold!

HOLA441
HOLA442

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03k0s5q/Cry_Freehold/

Lots of land issues covered including a plug for LVT. Well worth a listen.

No mention of the Greatest Ponzi Fraud in All History.... THE KEY fraud which got us here.....

PREDATORY LIAR LOANS

The secret weapon used by the Vested Interests to artificially & FRAUDULENTLY drive up the price of land/property....

:rolleyes:

HOLA443

Great title for the show. I randomly heard this last night, and, wow, there are some deluded people in Oxford. I particularly liked the middle aged woman, sharing a one bed flat with her grown daughter, who objected to building new housing because she wanted Oxford to be more like a rural village for farm workers. Oxford, with one of the best universities in the world should be powering the UK economy, but its just a theme park for toffs and simpletons.

HOLA444

Great title for the show. I randomly heard this last night, and, wow, there are some deluded people in Oxford. I particularly liked the middle aged woman, sharing a one bed flat with her grown daughter, who objected to building new housing because she wanted Oxford to be more like a rural village for farm workers. Oxford, with one of the best universities in the world should be powering the UK economy, but its just a theme park for toffs and simpletons.

Not suprised. I live and work in Oxford (at the University) and I can't bring myself to listen to the show as it'll just make me angry.

HOLA445

Not suprised. I live and work in Oxford (at the University) and I can't bring myself to listen to the show as it'll just make me angry.

Last third is about as blatant as allowable towards proposing LVT and loosening of greenbelt restrictions as a solution to the myriad problems of land hoarding illustrated in the first 1/3 of the programme. Not bad for prime time national radio.

The final quote is Churchill's eloquent appeal FOR land taxation after all.

EP

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Not sure if I am interpreting the graph correctly but, for example Leeds, is it saying that it's cheap to buy property but expensive to rent?

Yes I think that is correct.

Shame there are no cities in Wales, NI or Scotland? Or are they all off the ranges?

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Blame the land hoarding university colleges in this case. Eke it out slowly for huge profits.

2e3bxis.jpg

Yes some of the colleges are big landowners (I am not a college member, and they are not the same as the University), but I think the green belt is more of a problem here. I'll move back up north before I buy. Never going to see good comparative value here. Do you have a link to the report with that figure in?

Cheers, Q

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Yes some of the colleges are big landowners (I am not a college member, and they are not the same as the University), but I think the green belt is more of a problem here. I'll move back up north before I buy. Never going to see good comparative value here. Do you have a link to the report with that figure in?

Cheers, Q

I think the criminally-greedy, boomer, NIMBY councillors on the planning committee play a not insignificant role in the exorbitant cost of housing around Oxford.