House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
IPOD

Times Journo Flies The H P C Flag

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3284-1884408,00.html

High house prices are killing the economy. No wonder growth is sluggish when Britons have a collective £3 trillion of wealth tied up in unproductive assets — their homes — which could be better invested in wealth-creating activity. We have gone from being the workshop of the world to being the estate agents’ office of the world, seeming to believe that as a nation we can make ourselves rich by selling houses to each other.

High property prices are also immobilising the labour force, causing skills shortages across the country, and contributing to a plummeting birth rate because no one of child-bearing age can afford a decent home in which to bring up children.

What's this then? Bit blunt, been a visitor to these shores?

Rupert getting worried about GB entering No. 10? Knocking copy is it not called?

Or NL spin machine at work? Some new property tax on the way? "To encourage investment in more productive activity".

Either way, with articles like this appearing across the media, looks like the message from above is "Let's start telling them things aren't as rosy as we've said up to now".

And it was so "stable".

A very good crystallization of a couple of year's discussion on here.

He is under my control ;)

For my next trick I will attempt to stage a coup in a minor copper rich third world country.

I am the baddest mofo bear.

Edited by BuyingBear