House Price Crash Forum

Men And Women's Brains Are 'wired Differently'

HOLA441

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-25198063

Men and women's brains are wired in completely different ways which may explain why the sexes excel at certain tasks, brain scans reveal.

US researchers at the University of Pennsylvania scanned the brains of nearly 1,000 men, women, boys and girls and found striking differences

_71491129_brainpnas.jpg

No 5h1t Sherlock!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

What happens at the back of the brain ? Burds don't seem to use it much - if at all.

Is it perhaps the "reasonable thinking when having an argument with a bloke" section ?

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

What happens at the back of the brain ? Burds don't seem to use it much - if at all.

Is it perhaps the "reasonable thinking when having an argument with a bloke" section ?

All the things in the HP sauce advert.

HOLA4412

The big question is whether these differences are biological or if the brains develop differently due to differences in upbringing. Per the OP's link:

Women scored well on attention, word and face memory, and social cognition. Men performed better on spatial processing and sensori-motor speed.

So, if the boys spend their lunchtimes playing football and the girls spend it playing with dolls, would that no explain the difference?

HOLA4413

Those pictures look a bit like the female brain in the Harry Enfield sketch. (Fluffy kittens etc.).

I would be interested to know which bit of the male brain makes them 'look for' something by merely opening a cupboard or drawer and expecting the item in question to leap out at them.

Or is that just Mr B?

HOLA4414

Those pictures look a bit like the female brain in the Harry Enfield sketch. (Fluffy kittens etc.).

I would be interested to know which bit of the male brain makes them 'look for' something by merely opening a cupboard or drawer and expecting the item in question to leap out at them.

Or is that just Mr B?

Is Mrs B confessing to bad cupboard organisation?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Or is that just Mr B?

Ah no it's "man looking".

A compete waste of time designed I think just to infuriate anyone else in the house to go and stand next to the item and point.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

You know where it is because you bloody well moved it and put it there.

How am I supposed to find stuff if you keep hiding, I mean 'moving' it?

see see...women like to waste time moving stuff around all the time. Men go straight to it, because it`s where they left it (should be if no woman around)...women like to edge forwards at road junctions...men stop and then go..easy...women just need drama,continuous movement,a buzz..oh I give up

HOLA4419

Ah no it's "man looking".

A compete waste of time designed I think just to infuriate anyone else in the house to go and stand next to the item and point.

That's because we can't see it. Our eyes are focussed on the distant horizon for potential prey or threats. We can't just drop our focus to find a coloured tupperware in the fridge at a moment's notice. :P

HOLA4420

That's because we can't see it. Our eyes are focussed on the distant horizon for potential prey or threats. We can't just drop our focus to find a coloured tupperware in the fridge at a moment's notice. :P

Yeah yeah we men deal with the big stuff in life !!

sorry its been around a long time but do think its soo funny!

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

It's always your stuff you can't find though. Important bits of paper you should have filed somewhere safe.

Unless you're claiming the coloured tupperware is yours.

Do you know where the clean towels live? And the wet ones?

HOLA4423

It's always your stuff you can't find though. Important bits of paper you should have filed somewhere safe.

Unless you're claiming the coloured tupperware is yours.

Do you know where the clean towels live? And the wet ones?

Um, do we have an airing cupboard? They could be there.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Archived