House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
curious1

Calling All Edinburgers

A bit off topic, unless you live in the area....

The cameo is soon to become a cheesey pub. Scotland's finest cinema to be destroyed for profit.

If you live in edinburgh, write to your MP, Write to the council, get agitated!

How they can describe the proposed building purpose 'as existing' when they are turning the number one screen into a pub I dont know.... thats an increas of 250% the drinking area of the existing situation.

More info on the campaign here : www.savethecameo.org

See the plans here : http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/WAM...er=05/03696/LBC

A bit off topic, unless you live in the area....

The cameo is soon to become a cheesey pub. Scotland's finest cinema to be destroyed for profit.

If you live in edinburgh, write to your MP, Write to the council, get agitated!

How they can describe the proposed building purpose 'as existing' when they are turning the number one screen into a pub I dont know.... thats an increas of 250% the drinking area of the existing situation.

More info on the campaign here : www.savethecameo.org

See the plans here : http://citydev-portal.edinburgh.gov.uk/WAM...er=05/03696/LBC

Very sad. I remember when they did this to the Opera House in Tunbridge Wells. Chavs 1, The rest of us 0.

Yes, next the council will be complaining about young drinkers. They want their cash (in the form of tax on booze and the licences involved) then they'll want to complain about the mess etc.

I think I'll be complaing about it too (the closure of this cinema), and I'm a weegie.

If you are complaining, try to use an edinburgh address.... I think the council ignores anyone not from the city... so spread the word to friends and family based in Edinburgh.

The deadline for objections is only 9th December I think.... SO SPREAD THE WORD FAST!

Edited by curious1

If you are complaining, try to use an edinburgh address.... I think the council ignores anyone not from the city... so spread the word to friends and family based in Edinburgh.

The deadline for objections is only 9th December I think.... SO SPREAD THE WORD FAST!

Hmmm, that's where my attempts at breaking the Scottish East/West cold war end then. I don't know anyone in Edinburgh. :unsure:

Could I just pick an address?

Guest Guy_Montag

Stuck my name onto the petition, for what it's worth. I grew up in Edinburgh & it's the best cinema I've ever been to, anywhere.