House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Savings Recovery: New 2.35Pc Two-Year Deal

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/savings/10488439/Savings-recovery-new-2.35pc-two-year-deal.html

"Savings recovery: new 2.35pc two-year deal

Rates continue to improve as commentators hail the 'end of stimulus' effect"

Whoop-de-****ing-do, 2.35%

First of many articles in the coming weeks though I hope.

And when saving rates are rising the mortgage rates will be.....answers on a post card please ?

Early days yet, but Q1 & Q2 2014 could be interesting, fingers crossed.

The last account I opened was a one year fix at 2.45% which matures in April. It would be nice to better that, also our 2 year 4.1% ISA accounts are up for renewal in April.

Early days yet, but Q1 & Q2 2014 could be interesting, fingers crossed.

The last account I opened was a one year fix at 2.45% which matures in April. It would be nice to better that, also our 2 year 4.1% ISA accounts are up for renewal in April.

Still good news I think. They obviously have discovered low savings rate and a business that ultimately depends on the good will of the savers need to offer some kind of return.

If you can save monthly there are regular savings accounts paying over 3%. I even have one paying 3.6% - its instant access without penalty but only once a year or you lose the bonus.

Leeds BS's regular saver allows you to pay in up to £500 a month and pays 3.1% - you can vary the sum each month.

Not good for lump sums - but you can of course drip feed in from your other accounts. But useful if you are saving for that deposit!

I also have an instant access HSBC e-isa that is still paying 2.75% - but the rate is being cut to 1.7% from mid Jan. So will be hoping to find a new home for it!

Not good for lump sums - but you can of course drip feed in from your other accounts. But useful if you are saving for that deposit!

A deposit, what's that ?

We're all planning on waiting for the return of 120% mortgages and/or using the government's cash to buy. :P

If you can save monthly there are regular savings accounts paying over 3%. I even have one paying 3.6% - its instant access without penalty but only once a year or you lose the bonus.

Leeds BS's regular saver allows you to pay in up to £500 a month and pays 3.1% - you can vary the sum each month.

I also have an instant access HSBC e-isa that is still paying 2.75% - but the rate is being cut to 1.7% from mid Jan. So will be hoping to find a new home for it!

Are you able to tell us what that is?

I monitor savings rates a lot and am not seeing any uptick in response to the news that the FLS (for mortgages at least) is ending. It might still be early days and how this pans out wont be clear until at least Q2 2014 IMO.

I monitor savings rates a lot and am not seeing any uptick in response to the news that the FLS (for mortgages at least) is ending. It might still be early days and how this pans out wont be clear until at least Q2 2014 IMO.

Yeah, they will be filling their boots for another 2 weeks.

Keep us posted of any movements you see.