House Price Crash Forum

Scart To Hdmi ?

Rigsby

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443

Er... you do know what an HDMI connector looks like, don't you?

(Clue: It's NOT and RCA phono plug, nor a Scart connector.)

Ta for the clue.

I thought the telly had a scart, it didn't it has a farty little jack plug socket instead, about same size as mini headphone socket. the telly came with a farty little jack socket cable adapter that has three female rca plugs that fits into the back of telly. The ebay adapter has three rca male plugs. They fit together. Then the scart fits in the DVD so it;s just like a cable, Next time I will RTFM, pain in the ar*se fkn things. Plus the kids will knacker everything by new year, so it will all be academic. Ta anyway.

HOLA444

Er... you do know what an HDMI connector looks like, don't you?

(Clue: It's NOT and RCA phono plug, nor a Scart connector.)

It defitely won't work on a cable alone basis. HDMI was introduced to reduce piracy, and certainly you can't just output from SCART to HDMI, you need some intervening electronics that can generate the HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) codes.

The cheapest unit I can find is from Maplin and would set you back £50, and I suspect this is an area where you get what you pay for. I once had a cheap HDMI splitter, it worked, but generated snow on the black within the image, so not great.

My suggestion would be to get Argos to take it back, otherwise buy a new DVD player it could be cheaper than £50.

HOLA445

It defitely won't work on a cable alone basis. HDMI was introduced to reduce piracy, and certainly you can't just output from SCART to HDMI, you need some intervening electronics that can generate the HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) codes.

The cheapest unit I can find is from Maplin and would set you back £50, and I suspect this is an area where you get what you pay for. I once had a cheap HDMI splitter, it worked, but generated snow on the black within the image, so not great.

My suggestion would be to get Argos to take it back, otherwise buy a new DVD player it could be cheaper than £50.

It didn't much though! :blink:

Archived