House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gigantic Purple Slug

Drone Delivery

Does it ring the doorbell and get your signature?

No it just texts you when it has arrived. And if it lands on your roof then there is little chance of anyone climbing up and getting the parcel, which most delivery people seem to leave around for people to nick.

Does it ring the doorbell and get your signature?

Instead it should have a little camera which scans your retina to confirm you are the account hold and correct recipient then records the delivery for security.

Instead it should have a little camera which scans your retina to confirm you are the account hold and correct recipient then records the delivery for security.

And if you are not, some sort of lasso that wraps round you.

Then it drags you off to the nearest police station.

At the same time as the retina scap it could hypnotise you into buying more product.

No it just texts you when it has arrived. And if it lands on your roof then there is little chance of anyone climbing up and getting the parcel, which most delivery people seem to leave around for people to nick.

The packet was left outside though in the clip. I doubt if anyone would nick it in a rough part of London, Glasgow, Manchester, hey?

If it landed on my roof thats where it would stay and i'd want my money back. fecking good luck if someone wanted to try and nick that..:P

How many parcels do Amazon send out a year, how many drones will they need? what if someone has 1,2,3,4 etc big parcels? or perhaps the hard drive and a big computer case? get the hard drive and wait a while for the other bits.

Hasn't this drone clip come out every 6 months or so for about the last 3 years? free advertising.

There is a better clip. "The Amazing Amazon Box" about a couple of clips further down the page. :D

WW3 will probably start when an Amazon delivery is mistaken for a pre-emptive strike.

99 Amazon Drones.

Alternatively the next terrorist atrocity will be someone hacking the delivery network. "Tragedy as David Cameron assassinated by delivery of the complete works of Von Mises."

Yes, and I even think at this time of year the hand-wringing pieces about zero hours slave jobs at Amazon are a case of no such thing as bad publicity.

indeed, 90% or so of the public will just think that must mean the cheapest prices if the operation is huge and the labour cheapest overall on the average.

They would need 100's of drones, but imagine the fun shooting these out of the sky with an air rifle

100's? way way more than that.

I'd think 1000's for London alone. Imagine the terror threat from those all flying around. Could easily slip your own drone up and who'd know the difference?

Air rifle -along with catapults, paintball guns, stones, the smash them up factor for any bored kids :huh:

I bet all those electronics and boards will stand up well to UK weather - not.