House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
AvidFan

Czech Migrant Living In A Shed In Cambridge

Linky

A kitchen with a lavatory at one end – it would be hard to imagine a more unsanitary place to live.

This unappealing arrangement is what planning officers found when they investigated outbuildings that they suspected fell foul of local authority laws.

article-2516577-19C162F800000578-920_634x388.jpg

Immigration housing problem solved! Honestly though what sort of life do these people have if they have to come home to this every night?

article-2516577-19C2845000000578-779_634x474.jpg

Edited by AvidFan

What was I thinking? This is a "compact and bijou" very desirable abode. Just think of the energy rating of this place - it'd probably get an "A" due to it's size, although I expect there's no radiator to be found anyway.

What was I thinking? This is a "compact and bijou" very desirable abode. Just think of the energy rating of this place - it'd probably get an "A" due to it's size, although I expect there's no radiator to be found anyway.

For f**k's sake what does this make the indigenous population look like, double glazing, central heating, damp course and we love to moan about out lot. How dare he love the simple life.

It has a garden and everything - and it looks detached.

Bring it upto standard and everybody could have one at a reasonable price - maybe that's why it's got to be demolished. Too much competition.

Edited by billybong

It's been like that in Slough for a while.

Out in the shires people are already in shanty towns:

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/news/local/shanty-town-near-former-power-station-in-northampton-demolished-by-bailiffs-1-5693400

"‘Shanty town’ near former power station in Northampton demolished by bailiffs"

Linky

Immigration housing problem solved! Honestly though what sort of life do these people have if they have to come home to this every night?

Almost the perfect recycling operation - reach over, cook food, eat it and about 18 hours later excrete the remains!

:P

Linky

Is there any property-bee history with that listing ?

:rolleyes:

Judging by the single block walls, the flat roof and the gaps between the frame and the paper thing door, I'd say there's a good chance of freezing to death in that shed if the Winter got cold enough.

From the article, the landlord built a "three bed" bungalow without PP in the back garden, complete with kitchen and bathroom. When the council objected, he took the kitchen and toilet out, claiming that the tenants were using the facilities in the main house, thus it was not separate accomodation. The council, needless to say, were not impressed.

So in the pics, you're only looking at the "hidden" removed kitchen and bathroom.

I did notice east Europeans living in shanty shelters along the Grand Union Canal in the Northamptonshire (a lot around near Crick)

Linky

Cheers for posting. Every day I read stuff like this from afar and more and more Abbots - turn the boats back / offshore processing looks like a good idea :D

James (or is it Tony) Waite is just doing a job providing accommodation to hard working people to improve the vibrancy of the UK. The man living there is a chef by trade - and we all know that vastly improved restaurants have been one of the main advantages of unlimited immigration!

The real criminal here is 'Jarek Sluka'. Why has he lived in the UK for years, but is content to live in a shed? He should have put down a deposit on a 50 year shared ownership affordable housing scheme in a Barret shoebox by now. I bet he's even 'putting something by' and not even helping the economy by spending more than he earns. He's just not playing the game! :lol:

At least the LL has installed a fire extinguisher, which could well be needed given that the irresonsible tennant has strategically placed his mobile phone on the hob.

The only reason that it has a garden is that it's in a garden.

Indeed - but I imagine lot's aren't (just having a bit of someone else's yard say - if lucky) so that one was especially desirable ;) and detached :o

It's not the first time that people have lived in huts in peoples' gardens. There are stories of men (and maybe even women?) doing something similar around WW1 and WW2 but it was mainly the indigenous and not in such huge numbers with shanty towns and all.

Mind you there were places like the Gorbals in Glasgow called slums even in the 60s but apparently it has been redeveloped since then. It's a shame that those running the UK don't seem to have learnt much if anything from those times.

Edited by billybong