House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jon12345

Sale Agreed - And Other Terms

I've been looking at a few houses in my home town and wanted some clarification of some of the terms bandied about. I see ones saying, "Under Offer and "Sale Agreed". If that is the case, why are they still on display?

Jon

I've been looking at a few houses in my home town and wanted some clarification of some of the terms bandied about. I see ones saying, "Under Offer and "Sale Agreed". If that is the case, why are they still on display?

Jon

That means....we've not sold it but we want everyone to think we have and people need to BUY BUY BUY before you miss out. It's effectively an advert for the estate agents.

Ahhh, I remember the days ( 2007) when SSTC meant it would actually sell.

What would happen if my company went around erecting adverts on grass verges and near peoples houses ?

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Jon

Because too many "sales" are falling through. Buyers can't get loans or the property isn't valued enough for the loan to be approved.

I've been seeing the same properties go "under offer" and then resurface as being offered to rent, then back on the market and go "under offer"... for years now in my target areas. There is never any signs of an actual say in the Land Registry.

Jon

It's EA advertising. People who might have somewhere to sell see the boards, and see the name/logo and number of an agent who would just love to sign them up.