House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gigantic Purple Slug

Lower Food Costs By Growing Insects

People pay good price for lobster.

I've spent a lot of time working in China in a previous life, and eaten an awful lot of strange stuff, including snake, drunken prawn, sea slug and numerous other weird stuff.

However insects and spiders are off my approved list.

I've spent a lot of time working in China in a previous life, and eaten an awful lot of strange stuff, including snake, drunken prawn, sea slug and numerous other weird stuff.

However insects and spiders are off my approved list.

We were given sea slug at a big Chinese wedding banquet in Singapore. I will eat most things, but I have never, ever tried to eat anything so disgusting as sea slug. It wasn't so much the taste as the texture - simply could not get it down and most non Chinese guests were the same. The bride told us later that none of them really like it, but it's traditional at a wedding. Presumably a fertility thing, give the usual size and shape of sea slugs, and the fact that they squirt if you give them a little squeeze. There used to be masses of them in the sea off Oman where we lived for ages. Don't know whether the Chinese have yet found this source of gross wedding fodder.