House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Si1

Metal Double Bed Frame Flat Pack Disposal £££ ?

I have a metal bed frame that had bent in the middle

King size frame, flat pack job

Is it worth me trying to get scrap value for it? Or should I just leave it out for the private metal collectors in trucks that drive around?

(I don't have a car BTW)

Is it worth me trying to get scrap value for it? Or should I just leave it out for the private metal collectors in trucks that drive around?

(I don't have a car BTW)

I'll not be asking how you bent it! ;):lol:

Leave it out, many scrappies give nothing for small amounts of mild steel.

Watched scrappers on C4 this week. Wasn't it something like £110/tonne for generic steel?

I've got about 4kg of aluminium on my desk if anyone wants it :D

(I don't have a car BTW)

I'd doubt if it's worth anything as scrap. maybe a quid... the movies with how you bent it may be worth a lot more...;)

I'd doubt if it's worth anything as scrap. maybe a quid... the movies with how you bent it may be worth a lot more...;)

Unfortunately the mother in law taped over them with Downtown Abbey. She keeps saying she never quite got the plot of the last bit though.

Leave it out, many scrappies give nothing for small amounts of mild steel.

Took a load of ally and MS down the scrappers recently (edit actually about 2 years ago).

Expected they would want the ally but would chuck the MS back at me, but no, they took the MS and gave me some cash for it (can't remember how much).

Most of them will take any metal these days. On the other hand if you dont have a car to transport it it could be a bit tricky, and it could take a while to chop it up with a hacksaw.

Wasn't someone on here using a small cheap angle grinder to get rid of unwanted furniture via their wheelie bin like a sort of furniture Dennis Nilsen.

Head stead as back of bench, cut baseend in half and weld to back, cut wood as seat and voila it's a bench!

If he's not got a car, I would be astounded if he had a welding set tucked away in the spare bedroom.

If he's not got a car, I would be astounded if he had a welding set tucked away in the spare bedroom.

indeed

it's sitting in pieces on the front path

My guess is I would be lucky to get a tenner for it and since it would be a hassle to get it to a scrap merchants then not worth it

so I'll see how quickly it gets picked up by the local entrepreneurs

Wasn't someone on here using a small cheap angle grinder to get rid of unwanted furniture via their wheelie bin like a sort of furniture Dennis Nilsen.

that's a bit mad when freecycle will take most of it off you for no hassle

Unfortunately the mother in law taped over them with Downtown Abbey. She keeps saying she never quite got the plot of the last bit though.

:D

Oooh, Mr darcy! Mr Darcy!!