House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Eddie_George

Lamont: Previous Housing Bubble May Not Have Completely Deflated

At least that's what I thought he said. First time I've heard anyone in the media mention that fact. He did go on to trumpet how well the British economy was doing.

Edited by Eddie_George

He also said that the debt (i.e. the National Debt) is coming down.

Which is, of course, a lie. The deficit may being coming down (a little) but the debt isn't.

If a drooling idiot like me knows these things then why can't someone in the House of Lords? :lol:

I think most of them do know, its just they hope the voters dont. And to be fair while i too know the difference between debt and deficits, im sure ive written in haste in my posts many times before and mixed the two up.

Of course it would have deflated naturally if they had allowed it to.....but no they tweaked it, fiddled with it and manipulated it to adjust what should have been a free market, thus creating a market with a price attached to it. ;)

At least that's what I thought he said. First time I've heard anyone in the media mention that fact. He did go on to trumpet how well the British economy was doing.

A real Conservative who served in a real Conservative government. Like I have been saying for some time now, this present bunch are not Conservatives. The party has disappeared. It would have been interesting to see how the economy was managed if Thatcher had become PM for the first time in 2010 and we had a real Conservative government since then.

A real Conservative who served in a real Conservative government. Like I have been saying for some time now, this present bunch are not Conservatives. The party has disappeared. It would have been interesting to see how the economy was managed if Thatcher had become PM for the first time in 2010 and we had a real Conservative government since then.

Exactly wrong.

Thatcher was, if you're naive enough to believe her rhetoric, a liberal.

Cameron is a conservative. In the UK that means he represents landowners primarily, and then anyone with money. It's been this way for hundreds of years, and I'm shocked how many Tory voters don't even understand what they're voting for.