House Price Crash Forum

Keep My Security Deposit And I'll Make The Most Of It

HOLA441

There are good landlords who get bad tenants.

Then there are bad landlords who get good tenants, and then try to rob them. Nice that one got his comeuppance here B)

One irate Frenchman who was furious that his deposit was being withheld decided to take a sledgehammer to his apartment in order to express his fury.

Raging at his $2,500 security being kept, the unidentified tenant smashes his bathroom mirror, toilet, shower cubicle and door.

Explaining his actions to a helpful friend who recorded the entire incident, presumably for his landlords benefit, the angry man proceeds to batter the living daylights out of his soon to be vacate apartment.

Only a minute for those of you who (like me) are not keen on clicking on lengthy Youtube videos.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2516183/Raging-tenant-armed-sledgehammer-destroys-apartment-landlord-refused-2-500-security-deposit.html

HOLA442

There are good landlords who get bad tenants.

Then there are bad landlords who get good tenants, and then try to rob them. Nice that one got his comeuppance here B)

Only a minute for those of you who (like me) are not keen on clicking on lengthy Youtube videos.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2516183/Raging-tenant-armed-sledgehammer-destroys-apartment-landlord-refused-2-500-security-deposit.html

I guess it makes little practical difference for someone with no assets to go after, but the security deposit in the UK by no means represents the limit of a tenant's liabilities for damage caused to a property.

Just goes to show that treating people like a$$holes can, well, make them act like a$$holes.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

What happens is that the landlord will never let any of his homes out to "cheese eating surrender monkies". He'll tell all his landlord friends and they won't let their homes out to "cheese eating surrender monkies"...then others hear of this and they will be scared to let their homes out to foreign sounding Europeans and so on.

And to who will they let out their under standard and overpriced property? It will be the end of the game!

HOLA448
HOLA449

Takes sledgehammer to landlords flat..

article-2516183-19BE95EA00000578-156_306x423.jpg

One irate Frenchman who was furious that his deposit was being withheld decided to take a sledgehammer to his apartment in order to express his fury.

Raging at his $2,500 security being kept, the unidentified tenant smashes his bathroom mirror, toilet, shower cubicle and door.

HOLA4410