Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
frederico

Hpi = Gdp

Recommended Posts

I just had to put into words the totally ridiculous situation.

Say 10% of houses sell at slightly higher prices, we can extrapolate this rise to the other 90% and add this lovely new number to GDP.

And still we only get 0.8% growth or something.

The local school sent out an email requesting food items for a food bank at a local church.

I live in a small reasonably prosperous town.

Meanwhile some MP claims 3 grand for heating his stables.

I really hate the way things are run

Happy Christmas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dissonance is the word.

Been done many times here the importance of HPI (debt and the release of imaginary equity) to the UK economy. It is a confidence trick. What has caught us out on here is the gravity-defying, 'at any cost' propping up of false markets for short-term political gain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And that is why the government will continue to do anything it can to protect both the banking industry and those with large mortgages.

They have to keep house prices high at all costs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dissonance is the word.

Been done many times here the importance of HPI (debt and the release of imaginary equity) to the UK economy. It is a confidence trick. What has caught us out on here is the gravity-defying, 'at any cost' propping up of false markets for short-term political gain.

It will be written up in history as another glorious treasury led mistake - Barber boom, Lawson Boom, Brown Boom, Osborne boom. When will we learn? : they were all based on land and property and lending/borrowing too much.

It has struck me that the only period of strong recovery without a balance of payments crisis in my life time was afteer the property crash of 1989-1994. It in fact feed us temporarily from the nonsense this causes. We alos resumed a free currency by pulling out of the Exchnage Rate Mechanism ( the precursor to joinig the Euro, which thank God went wrong for us).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • The Prime Minister stated that there were three Brexit options available to the UK:   212 members have voted

    1. 1. Which of the Prime Minister's options would you choose?


      • Leave with the negotiated deal
      • Remain
      • Leave with no deal

    Please sign in or register to vote in this poll. View topic


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.