House Price Crash Forum

All Mod Cons

Guest TheBlueCat

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

If you walk on the footpath that runs along the stream from the back of Sainsburys to 'Burnside' you see quite a few of these. Personally I dont have a problem with it. They'd only be on housing benefit and costing taxpayers otherwise. I prefer they add to the housing stock this way rather than add demand to the formal 'legal' rental sector.

HOLA445

Cllr Lewis Herbert, who represents Coleridge, said: “Near Heathrow there have been hundreds of these developments hidden away in the middle of sites but it’s necessary that we have rules saying everybody should have planning permission.

“There have to be controls to make sure these places are safe and reasonable, especially in a city where there’s such a shortage of accommodation that people will live wherever they can find.”

VI?

HOLA446
Guest TheBlueCat

If you walk on the footpath that runs along the stream from the back of Sainsburys to 'Burnside' you see quite a few of these. Personally I dont have a problem with it. They'd only be on housing benefit and costing taxpayers otherwise. I prefer they add to the housing stock this way rather than add demand to the formal 'legal' rental sector.

I'm inclined to agree - in fact, I think the whole planning system should be abolished. I do think basic building regs should be enforced though and, whilst I'm not a surveyor, I'm guessing that a bog in the kitchen is out of order!

HOLA447

I'm inclined to agree - in fact, I think the whole planning system should be abolished. I do think basic building regs should be enforced though and, whilst I'm not a surveyor, I'm guessing that a bog in the kitchen is out of order!

Good for multitasking tho

HOLA448

You know what? Some Tory is going to pop up and say outside toilets are the future.

HOLA449

Cllr Lewis Herbert, who represents Coleridge, said: “Near Heathrow there have been hundreds of these developments hidden away in the middle of sites but it’s necessary that we have rules saying everybody should have planning permission.

“There have to be controls to make sure these places are safe and reasonable, especially in a city where there’s such a shortage of accommodation that people will live wherever they can find.”

I get the feeling it's tolerated round the M25 for immigrants providing cheap labour to keep the London ponzi alive. Think it has parallels with ancient Rome when they had loads of migrants forced to live outside the city walls and provide cheap labour within.

I seem to recall that there was some relaxation of the rules about how far loos have to be from kitchens on cramming more rabbit hutches in grounds.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Guest TheBlueCat

I seem to recall that there was some relaxation of the rules about how far loos have to be from kitchens on cramming more rabbit hutches in grounds.

Yes, I know about this one oddly enough as my parents had a bog attached to their kitchen recently (yeah, I know, it's pretty gross). They wanted to do it years back but it was against building regs, now it's ok it seems.