House Price Crash Forum

Superstition

Rave

HOLA441

My wife's cousin has been very ill in hospital. We went to visit him together and he looked terrrible. I went back on my own last week as my wife had a cold which she didn't want to risk him catching, and he looked much better, his pneumonia seemed to be receding and he was almost perky, though of course the leaky aneurism in his pulmonary artery wasn't about to fix itself.

My wife called me tonight while I was round my friend's house to say that he'd died. I'd only met him 6 or 7 times in total, not enough to call him a friend (he lived 200 miles away) but enough to know that he was a kind and funny man, and great company. That phone call cut me up, but I didn't cry.

After another half an hour with my mate I made my excuses and hopped on my scooter to go home. I took it easy, I was only wearing jeans. I just missed a red light, and sat at it staring into space. Then an amazing shooting star blazed across the sky in front of me!

A minute later, I wept.

I'm an atheist, but y'know :rolleyes:. On the off chance that was you Jon, you went out in fine style mate.

HOLA442

My wife's cousin has been very ill in hospital. We went to visit him together and he looked terrrible. I went back on my own last week as my wife had a cold which she didn't want to risk him catching, and he looked much better, his pneumonia seemed to be receding and he was almost perky, though of course the leaky aneurism in his pulmonary artery wasn't about to fix itself.

My wife called me tonight while I was round my friend's house to say that he'd died. I'd only met him 6 or 7 times in total, not enough to call him a friend (he lived 200 miles away) but enough to know that he was a kind and funny man, and great company. That phone call cut me up, but I didn't cry.

After another half an hour with my mate I made my excuses and hopped on my scooter to go home. I took it easy, I was only wearing jeans. I just missed a red light, and sat at it staring into space. Then an amazing shooting star blazed across the sky in front of me!

A minute later, I wept.

I'm an atheist, but y'know :rolleyes:. On the off chance that was you Jon, you went out in fine style mate.

It hits us all! I, by the way, am not "religious". But I am not wise enough to know how the Universe works! :blink:

HOLA443

A minute later, I wept.

Well, I know the feeling, only it was over a dog (please don't be offended). Friend of ours who never had any kids was completely daft over his dogs, and when one of them died, he had a plaque made to go in the garden and had the local dog-loving curate come and read a prayer and a blessing. (I did say he was daft). Dog in question really was special, though, a very beautiful flat coat retriever who was also wonderfully good natured, affectionate and obedient, and he had died too young of cancer. His name was Charlie, but his full kennel name was Charlemagne Shooting Star.

Right after the little 'service' was over, I stayed in the garden, where it was just getting dark. And as I looked over the Devon landscape, what should I see but a shooting star. And I had a little weep, too.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

I'm still in the Canary Islands and see about 3 shooting stars an evening while having a smoke outside, they're just so much less visible back home.

Haven't seen any satellites caning across the sky like I did in Spain years ago though, that was cool.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

I'm still in the Canary Islands and see about 3 shooting stars an evening while having a smoke outside, they're just so much less visible back home.

Haven't seen any satellites caning across the sky like I did in Spain years ago though, that was cool.

I always get satellites and stalagmites mixed up. Satellites are the ones overhead, right?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

When I go camping in the UK I can see a satellite normally within 5 minutes when looking (well, around 5 of us looking normally). You're just not looking hard enough!

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

When I go camping in the UK I can see a satellite normally within 5 minutes when looking (well, around 5 of us looking normally). You're just not looking hard enough!

I'm at the bottom of a ravine so can only see 1/4 the amount of sky!

HOLA4419

Being away from Towns and cities helps. When i was looking after a house in the country and walking the dogs in the evening i'd normally see one or two every other night sort of scenario.

HOLA4420

Archived