House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darkman

These Modern Robots Are Starting To Look A Little Scary!

My link

An anthropomorphic robot designed to replicate the actions of humans and help test chemical protection clothing has been unveiled in the United States.

Petman has been built by the Massachusetts robotics company Boston Dynamics with backing from the US Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (Darpa).

Walking human-shaped robots are already here....... and behind the mask would you even know it wasn't a human?

Without a doubt the USA is racing to create fighting robots that function in any terrain. It's too obvious, despite talk of world agreements banning autonomous killing robots.

My link

Walking human-shaped robots are already here....... and behind the mask would you even know it wasn't a human?

Without a doubt the USA is racing to create fighting robots that function in any terrain. It's too obvious, despite talk of world agreements banning autonomous killing robots.

Definately a better dancer than me :(

Along the same lines as the space race joke about NASA inventing a biro that could write in zero gravity while the Russians used a pencil, wouldn't that be rather expensive? Much cheaper just to conscript your cannon fodder.

Without a doubt the USA super rich is are racing to create fighting robots that function in any terrain will keep the masses enslaved. It's too obvious, despite talk of world agreements banning autonomous killing robots.

While it remains talk, the research will continue. If such agreements ever came to pass, and were respected, then perhaps a human operator would be given the actual firing control.

I know I probably need my head seen to for even having this thought, but I'm surprised some nutter in America hasn't built a crude remote control killing machine.

4 wheels, an engine, a remote control and a gun mounted on it. I bet someone in the USA has built something like this and it's sitting in their garage. Could do unspeakable damage in a crowded public place.

I know I probably need my head seen to for even having this thought, but I'm surprised some nutter in America hasn't built a crude remote control killing machine.

4 wheels, an engine, a remote control and a gun mounted on it. I bet someone in the USA has built something like this and it's sitting in their garage. Could do unspeakable damage in a crowded public place.

They have those in Battlefield 3 and they do my head in. You can hear something whirring and someone shooting at you but they are hard to spot.

Along the same lines as the space race joke about NASA inventing a biro that could write in zero gravity while the Russians used a pencil, wouldn't that be rather expensive? Much cheaper just to conscript your cannon fodder.

Not really.

For western countries, Soldiers are expensive to train and have an annoying propensity to cause trouble by coming home in bags, from the POV of the politicians.

For less discriminating countries, soldiers have a nasty habit of political rebellion and are vulnerable to things like nerve gas.

Mass produced robots would be cheaper, and if a few get damaged we don't worry.

You mean retrofitting an Abrams tank with remote controls..?

Mind you, if you do happen to be a one nutter in posession of such a tank you probably don't need to worry about remote control.

Maximum Overdrive!