House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Modern Life 'turning People Off Xes'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-25094142

Money worries and the distractions of social media mean people are having sex less frequently, researchers say.

A survey of more than 15,000 Britons found those aged 16-44 were having sex fewer than five times a month.

The figure compared with more than six times a month on the last two occasions when the official National Survey of Sexual Attitudes and Lifestyles was carried out, in 1990-91 and 1999-2001.

The study's authors say modern life may be having an impact on libidos.

Dr Cath Mercer, from University College London, said: "People are worried about their jobs, worried about money. They are not in the mood for sex.

However the wail ran with...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2513543/Secrets-average-womans-love-life-Shes-losing-virginity-younger-having-lovers--times-likely-experiment-lesbian-sex.html

Secrets of the average woman's love life: She's losing her virginity younger, having more lovers than ever - and is four times more likely to experiment with lesbian sex

Average woman is losing her virginity aged 16

She now has eight partners, compared to 12 for men

Four times more likely to experiment with other women

However overall she is having less sex than in the 1990s

And they've even got with lesbian in the html.

Average woman has 8 partners :lol:

Maybe that's what they tell people and answer in surveys lol - its certainly not reality.

Maybe that's what they tell people and answer in surveys lol - its certainly not reality.

Yeah they missed out an 8 in there.

Couldn't agree more. Most sexually active women now end up looser than an old MFI wardrobe.

Couldn't agree more. Most sexually active women now end up looser than an old MFI wardrobe.

I would say 20's or 30's is more realistic for men and women.

And its not actually a huge number if you think about it , depending on age.

Someone in their 30's who has banged that many people is not exactly slut of the century. Sexually active for a couple of decades - they are not big numbers.

There are plenty burds who go to places like Kavos for a week when 18 and bang 5+ blokes without even trying. And blokes doing the same of course.

Meanwhile women are admitting to 8 sexual partners from 4 ten years ago, still less than men !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now either men are bigging up their conquests or women are understating because the fact is the numbers have to be the same because each encounter notches up 1 for both a man and a woman (same sex apart) unless of course us men are getting it abroad.

The survey released today.........

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/the-truth-about-women-and-sex--they-start-younger-and-have-more-partners--and-those-are-not-necessarily-men-8962997.html

Meanwhile women are admitting to 8 sexual partners from 4 ten years ago, still less than men !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now either men are bigging up their conquests or women are understating because the fact is the numbers have to be the same because each encounter notches up 1 for both a man and a woman (same sex apart) unless of course us men are getting it abroad.

The survey released today.........

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/the-truth-about-women-and-sex--they-start-younger-and-have-more-partners--and-those-are-not-necessarily-men-8962997.html

Id imagine far more men use, er-hmmm services of professional ladies from time to time which if included would increase the notch count.

Id imagine far more men use, er-hmmm services of professional ladies from time to time which if included would increase the notch count.

Good point, there again don't the professional ladies notch count also have to go into the stats....I suppose not, coming up with a figure would be impossible.

First question is it mean, or median?

And then is it normalised for any age distribution differences in the male/female samples.

If you’re mean male age was 30 and female 60 you’re going to get differing results.

I imagine you’ll different results based on all sorts of demographic differences as well as geographic location and ethnic backgrounds. I think the only think you can conclude is that the gap between men and women is shrinking.

Why there was a gap in the first place, wouldn’t be surprised if it was partly poor data/testing and assumptions.

I guess this is something we never really do know the truth about - and I guess it's none of our business really.

I know plenty of women who had settled down with a life partner by 25, and prior to that were mostly in a relationship with someone. For these women, 8 might be correct, or even a bit high.

However the dating pool at my age is full of women who are well into their 30's, are attractive and on multiple dating sites, and seem to be 'single' for years on end. With the amount of attention women get on such sites, plus the university years and 15-20 years of being sexually active, their counts must be rather high.

A friend of mine is on a dating site and she dates about 5 or 6 men per year and usually ends up sleepijg with them. The relationships usually last no more than 6 to 8 weeks at most. I suspect she is average for dating sites so I can imagine a lot of the ladies are having an awful lot of sexual partners per annum. Likewise, I imagine a smaller number of men are having numerous partners.

A friend of mine is on a dating site and she dates about 5 or 6 men per year and usually ends up sleepijg with them. The relationships usually last no more than 6 to 8 weeks at most. I suspect she is average for dating sites so I can imagine a lot of the ladies are having an awful lot of sexual partners per annum. Likewise, I imagine a smaller number of men are having numerous partners.

I'd suspect a small percentage of the men on such sites are doing a great majority of the shagging.

How does this work then - how come these 'relationships' only ever last a few weeks? Does she get bored if people quickly? Does she just want to date lots of different men?

Or is she an unbearable psycho that no man can put up with for more than a couple of months?

I couldn't take this study seriously.

Are they saying modern life is more stressful than, say, 200 years ago>

Imagine a man and woman living in 1813 in a one-bedroomed hovel in a steel town with their nine kids. They might have xes enough to produce the kids, but wouldn't the situation be a little bit off-puttting? Wouldn't the bloke, back from his 15 hour shift be a little too knackered?

I'd suspect a small percentage of the men on such sites are doing a great majority of the shagging.

How does this work then - how come these 'relationships' only ever last a few weeks? Does she get bored if people quickly? Does she just want to date lots of different men?

Or is she an unbearable psycho that no man can put up with for more than a couple of months?

She wants a ltr but then feels pressurised to sleep with these guys early on and then later finds out that they are jerks or marrieds or nutjobs or....

I suspect a small percentage of men are having a life of riley on dating sites and, sadly, the numbers of men that a woman can end up sleeping with can rise dramatically. To be frank, it has made me turn from nice guy to wanting my share of the spoils now - don't want to be the mug who does all the wooing and chasing and not getting his leg over.

It sounds awful to say but if you don't press for sex early on then you are probably a mug as, in all likelihood, the last guy and the next guy will get their legs over quickly even if you are the 'gentleman'.

Imagine a man and woman living in 1813 in a one-bedroomed hovel in a steel town with their nine kids. They might have xes enough to produce the kids, but wouldn't the situation be a little bit off-puttting? Wouldn't the bloke, back from his 15 hour shift be a little too knackered?

Isn't the aim of the survey just to titilate and - snigger - let us know that more women are doing a bit of girl on girl. Bigger grant to do more research please?

Isn't the aim of the survey just to titilate and - snigger - let us know that more women are doing a bit of girl on girl. Bigger grant to do more research please?

I suspect that the aim of the research - like that of the pervert Kinsey - is to change behaviour in an undesirable direction.

The figure compared with more than six times a month on the last two occasions when the official National Survey of Sexual Attitudes and Lifestyles was carried out, in 1990-91 and 1999-2001.

The claim is that life today is more stressful than it was at the beginning and end of the 1990s. Given the current economic situation, it's not that hard to believe.