House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

corevalue

Another Corrupt Pollywhore

Haven't seen this posted here yet. An extraordinary outburst on twitter..

Tory MP Nadine Dorries threatens to 'nail Sunday Mirror reporter's testicles to the floor using own front teeth'

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/tory-mp-nadine-dorries-threatens-2845154#ixzz2lgfnm3jf

This is in response to the Mirror following up on this story

MP Nadine Dorries employs two of her daughters at a potential cost to the taxpayer of nearly £80,000 per year.

The former 'I'm a Celebrity' contestant has now hired Jennifer Dorries as a 'senior secretary', according to the MPs' expenses for 2012/13 published today (September 12) by the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority.

Jennifer's wage band is listed as £30,000 to £34,999 while another of the MP's daughters, Philippa, is employed as 'office manager' with a listed salary of £40,000 to £44,999.

Read more: http://www.theadvertisergroup.co.uk/Daily-News/Biggleswade/MP-Dorries-spends-up-to-80k-employing-two-daughters-20130912191126.htm#ixzz2lggDoljT

I wonder if a man had said something like that, what would have happened to him?

it is convenient, is it not, that so many MPs have managed to marry / breed such gloriously competent people that they need not look beyond their immediate family to staff their taxpayer funded offices?

the fair, honest, open and transparent processes that lead to these appointments being made are, surely, in line with the published Civil Service Recruitment Principles

http://civilservicecommission.independent.gov.uk/civil-service-recruitment/

nepotism

ˈnɛpətɪz(ə)m/

noun

noun: nepotism

the practice among those with power or influence of favouring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.

To be honest, nepotism is in every line of work. It looks bad, but id probably do it. Blood thicker than water and all that. I wouldn't trust anyone who isnt family anyway, and trust is rather important in politics. Yes, a meritocracy is nice and all, but i wouldnt hire even the most skilled, intelligent individual if I felt I couldnt trust them.

The pathetic bit is they would be the first to condemn other MPs for doing the same thing.

On 9 May 2010, two days after regaining the Mid-Bedfordshire constituency in the general election, The Sunday Times revealed that Dorries was facing the first complaint about an MP's expenses claim of the new parliament. The newspaper reported that she had claimed around £10,000 for an annual report in 2007 on her performance as an MP, but that her former Commons researcher had never seen the report or worked on it.[69] Dorries insisted that she had indeed published the report, placing a photograph of it on her blog.[70] She subsequently told the Biggleswade Advertiser that the report was never printed and a credit note issued with refund on 13 September 2008.[71]

On 13 January 2011 it was announced by the Daily Mirror that police were investigating Dorries concerning her expenses.[72] Three days later, The Sunday Times reported that police had since handed a file to the Crown Prosecution Service for consideration.[73] In February 2013, it was reported that Dorries was being investigated by the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority over her expenses, although no specific details were given at this time.[74]

On 27 June 2013, Dorries announced she would no longer claim her personal expenses as an MP, but would draw on her salary for such costs. She argued that she would be in a better position to campaign for the abolition of the present expenses arrangements by doing so.[75

To be honest, nepotism is in every line of work. It looks bad, but id probably do it. Blood thicker than water and all that. I wouldn't trust anyone who isnt family anyway, and trust is rather important in politics. Yes, a meritocracy is nice and all, but i wouldnt hire even the most skilled, intelligent individual if I felt I couldnt trust them.

The pathetic bit is they would be the first to condemn other MPs for doing the same thing.

Yes it's all well and good when talking about a family or even just private business but this is public money and morally repugnant to siphon it off to your children. I even wonder with many of these jobs if they are in name only and they get a salary for doing nowt (cue jokes about public sector non-jobs here). Office manager probably just means they turn up once a month and move the stapler an inch.

Yes it's all well and good when talking about a family or even just private business but this is public money and morally repugnant to siphon it off to your children. I even wonder with many of these jobs if they are in name only and they get a salary for doing nowt (cue jokes about public sector non-jobs here). Office manager probably just means they turn up once a month and move the stapler an inch.

How many of the rest of them do it?

How many of the rest of them do it?

Just the tip of the iceberg but I'm ok with the naming and shaming

Also on the Wright Stuff this morning. Remember she will be getting paid for being on these programmes.

Interesting she does appear to have pretty similar views on housing and immigration as most on this site though. So perhaps not the worst one of the pigs at the trough. :D

On second thoughts she is a ****.

Just had a piece on online bullying/abuse etc

Sitting there all high and mighty discussing it. When only last week she threatened physical sexual assault against someone. The nerve of politicians. And i don't think any 'it was tongue in cheek' excuse will absolve her - as if it was from a man to a woman i am sure there would be outrage.