House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Welsh Pantry Faggots & Peas At Tesco

Well, it is time I came clean about one or two things - I think some of you already have suspected - but I have to admit to enjoying a good faggot.

Which brings me to 'Welsh Pantry faggots & peas' - basically a microwave meal that you can buy in various supermarkets including Tesco.

For months the price hovered around the £2.45 to £2.55 region. OK, it is not Masterchef stuff but it is a quick and easy meal, especially on cold winter evening. Nice with a bit of mash.

About two weeks ago my local Tesco ramped the price up from above to £3.10 - £3.10! I stopped buying. I can go to a local butchers and buy similar for less.

For about 10 days a big pile of the Welsh Pantry ones just sat on the shelves. In one Tesco I saw them all reduced when the use by date came. In another Tesco I don't know what happened to them. About a dozen sat on the self until November 19th - the use by date - and then they disappeared. Didn't see them reduced - they just disappeared. Not that it matters - Tesco is not reducing by much these days when it comes to 'use by' dates.

Anyhow, the reason for my post is not the massive jump from mid £2.50 area to £3.10 but, today, I have just spied them on the shelf again in Tesco at a ludicrous £3.68.

Yes, £3.68! In a few weeks they have gone up from mid £2.50 to £3.68!!!

What is it with my barking mad city? House prices and faggots being ramped up to ludicrous asking prices.

The faggot maker has seen the price of houses and realised he needs to charge more, or he will be priced out. He is hoping immigration will boost demand and a shortgage of people making faggots, will enable him to get away with the price rise.

The faggot maker has seen the price of houses and realised he needs to charge more, or he will be priced out. He is hoping immigration will boost demand and a shortgage of people making faggots, will enable him to get away with the price rise.

Yeah, well they used to be hard to find as they were a good seller. But the first price rise left the shelves full of them. The second price rise is just nuts.

I mean, they are now in the same price range as a 28 day matured steak in Aldi or Lidl.

Yeah, well they used to be hard to find as they were a good seller. But the first price rise left the shelves full of them. The second price rise is just nuts.

I mean, they are now in the same price range as a 28 day matured steak in Aldi or Lidl.

Our local aldi has started locking the steak up.

I like faggots, but it's only an offal bhaji, and offal should be cheap! Any Scottish people here noticed any haggis-price-inflation? :blink:

Maybe you are paying a Welsh premium, to have it translated? :blink:

I gave up on Tesco because of their employment practices, can't really say I have missed it to be honest

Maybe they're ramping the price enough to sell them "half price"?

We dont get Welsh Pantry (which sounds like one of those things I shouldnt google image search at work, oh by the way) but Mr Brains are anything from 50p to 100p for a 4-pack.

No peas though.

The faggot retailers are always banging on about how the price rises are simply a result of increasing wholesale faggot rates but as often as not, it turns out that wholesaler and retailer are just different divisions of the same company.

Wait sorry, I think I got faggots mixed up with gas.

The faggot retailers are always banging on about how the price rises are simply a result of increasing wholesale faggot rates but as often as not, it turns out that wholesaler and retailer are just different divisions of the same company.

If you eat enough of them, gas will be produced! :lol:

I am still laughing my @rse off at the half-a-dozen politically incorrect quips that sprang to my mind following that fine set-up line Blobbo, and I thank you for that.

Cheers mate.

:)

XYY

When in Wales, I usually shop in Sainsburys so as to avoid the faggots in Tesco.

My local butcher often has a few faggots on display in his window.

Just if ya were ever up here like and fancied one.

I've heard tell he also does the odd savaloy or two on a Saturday...

XYY

XYY

Thanks,

Every little helps.

XYY

Ah, you never experienced Waitrose in Western Road, Brighton, on a Saturday morning? :blink:

XYY

You didn't invite me up for a faggot.

You didn't invite me up for a faggot.

Invite...? I'm from the northeast, the one place where tha's nee invite necessary.

Me and Mrs XYY's back door is always open for you bonny lad, should you ever pop round from Welsh Wales...

XYY

Invite...? I'm from the northeast, the one place where tha's nee invite necessary.

Me and Mrs XYY's back door is always open for you bonny lad, should you ever pop round from Welsh Wales...

XYY

:D

Well, it is time I came clean about one or two things - I think some of you already have suspected - but I have to admit to enjoying a good faggot.

Which brings me to 'Welsh Pantry faggots & peas' - basically a microwave meal that you can buy in various supermarkets including Tesco.

For months the price hovered around the £2.45 to £2.55 region. OK, it is not Masterchef stuff but it is a quick and easy meal, especially on cold winter evening. Nice with a bit of mash.

About two weeks ago my local Tesco ramped the price up from above to £3.10 - £3.10! I stopped buying. I can go to a local butchers and buy similar for less.

For about 10 days a big pile of the Welsh Pantry ones just sat on the shelves. In one Tesco I saw them all reduced when the use by date came. In another Tesco I don't know what happened to them. About a dozen sat on the self until November 19th - the use by date - and then they disappeared. Didn't see them reduced - they just disappeared. Not that it matters - Tesco is not reducing by much these days when it comes to 'use by' dates.

Anyhow, the reason for my post is not the massive jump from mid £2.50 area to £3.10 but, today, I have just spied them on the shelf again in Tesco at a ludicrous £3.68.

Yes, £3.68! In a few weeks they have gone up from mid £2.50 to £3.68!!!

What is it with my barking mad city? House prices and faggots being ramped up to ludicrous asking prices.

Looks like www.faggotpricecrash.co.uk is still available. Who's up for it?

Have to say TMT is a pretty poor HPC 'er.

Should be able to feed himself for a week on the cost of Welsh Pantry Faggots. :rolleyes:

All out of stock everywhere...

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/fresh_ready_meals/the_welsh_pantry_faggots_and_peas_550g.html

Savvy faggot buyers have snapped them up