House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
awaytogo

David Cameron 'exactly Right'

Why should we be the soft touch of the EU, and our children suffer as a result.

So the governments business chums and public sector troughers make a fortune?

Do i get a prize for getting it right?

Come on Cameron start working for the UK,

He is not working for the UK people...he is working the UK people.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

So a migrant sells up, moves to the UK buys a house and starts his job. 9 months later he loses his job, the government wont help him so he and his family are left on the street with no money..

Sounds sensible to me <_< .

Why should someone born outside Brittan get the same rights that those who were lucky enough be born in Brittan have. I could ask the question why do the majority of the British think they are so special? It's all a bit nimby, don't come here and claim the same benefits I am claiming, just like the dnn't come here and build a house near mine.

Utter crap - then there is the talk of costing tax payers when the government is outright printing money and running a deficit anyway!

All European countries perform a habitual residency test, if you live in the country then you are entitled to the same as everyone else and that is the way it must be in a fair system.

If the system is wrong and broken - which it is, then fix the bloody system, don't blame the people who come to the UK to take advantage of the broken system of tax credits and housing benefit.

Apart from UKIP it sounds like a sop to the Conservative backbenchers.

http://

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2509605/Dont-lift-curbs-Romanian-migrants-Tories-tell-Cameron-Dozens-MPs-set-5-years-restrictions-jobseekers.html

Don't lift curbs on Romanian migrants, Tories tell Cameron: Dozens of MPs set to call for five more years of restrictions for jobseekers

It's difficult to believe any of them.

Edited by billybong

Exactly wrong.

A government with cojones would fix the problem by overhauling the benefits system. If the political will were there, it wouldn't be so hard for Sir Humphrey to devise a system that works on criteria like contributions and residency. One that would offer nothing to new immigrants until they pass a meaningful threshold, but without reference to their nationality.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-25077112

I dont think he will get far,

Why should we be the soft touch of the EU, and our children suffer as a result.

Come on Cameron start working for the UK,

If the UK is the 'soft touch of Europe' (maybe you have some numbers comparing the UK with the rest of Europe) then it is because of internal failings in the UK. Most of the rest of Europe has contribution based welfare, the UK has residency based welfare.

Exactly what bit of 'you can have open borders or a welfare state, choose one' dont the lib dims understand?

Maybe the dims understand that the rest of Europe have welfare states and more open borders than the UK and can operate the two in parallel because they operate their welfare states in ways thatt doesn't result in open borders compromising welfare for the indigenous population.

If the UK is the 'soft touch of Europe' (maybe you have some numbers comparing the UK with the rest of Europe) then it is because of internal failings in the UK. Most of the rest of Europe has contribution based welfare, the UK has residency based welfare.

You don't need numbers ,just ask why people want to travel all the way across Europe to get to the uk :rolleyes:

Then you have this,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9026401/370000-migrants-on-the-dole.html

Edited by awaytogo

It isn't a hard problem to solve even if you run a benefits system linked to residency.

Just make it so that no-one is entitled to benefits until they have been resident 18-20 years. This can apply to people born here just as much as those who migrate here. This then doesn't fall foul of EU law.

Residency starts from the day you are born or move here, you only accrue days towards entitlement while living here and residing here. This would have the added advantage of penalising non-doms as well.

By benefits I also include free health care.

Edited by Ulfar

Just make it so that no-one is entitled to benefits until they have been resident 18-20 years. This can apply to people born here just as much as those who migrate here.

I hope you like crime, because hungry people will do anything to put food in their mouths.

You don't need numbers ,just ask why people want to travel all the way across Europe to get to the uk :rolleyes:

Then you have this,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9026401/370000-migrants-on-the-dole.html

I am afraid you do need numbers otherwise your claim is just an unsubstantiated rant. France,Germany,Spain and many other countries in Europe all attract immigrants who travel all the way across Europe to go there. The UK is not as uniquely attractive to people from poorer countries as you might think.

It isn't a hard problem to solve even if you run a benefits system linked to residency.

Just make it so that no-one is entitled to benefits until they have been resident 18-20 years. This can apply to people born here just as much as those who migrate here. This then doesn't fall foul of EU law.

Residency starts from the day you are born or move here, you only accrue days towards entitlement while living here and residing here. This would have the added advantage of penalising non-doms as well.

By benefits I also include free health care.

So are you suggesting that anyone who comes to live and work in the UK and contributes by way of taxes and NI receives no benefits or healthcare until they have done so for 18 years?

I am afraid you do need numbers otherwise your claim is just an unsubstantiated rant. France,Germany,Spain and many other countries in Europe all attract immigrants who travel all the way across Europe to go there. The UK is not as uniquely attractive to people from poorer countries as you might think.

370,000 migrants on the dole, :lol:

And i have worked with them since the influx began in the last decade and they admit we are are soft touch and could not dream of getting what they are getting in subsidises in this country. The government know it and the a lot of people in this country are getting sick of it and know it will end in tears for the UK unless something is done.

Edited by awaytogo

I hope you like crime, because hungry people will do anything to put food in their mouths.

"And that is called paying the Dane-geld;

But we’ve proved it again and again,

That if once you have paid him the Dane-geld

You never get rid of the Dane."

And i have worked with them since the influx began in the last decade and they admit we are are soft touch and could not dream of getting what they are getting in subsidises in this country. The government know it and the a lot of people in this country are getting sick of it and know it will end in tears for the UK unless something is done.

Ok. The Telegraph article states there were 371000 claimants born outside the UK from a total of 5.5 million. That represents 6.7%.

Foreign born residents of the UK represent 13% of the UK population according to the 2011 UK Census.

You work it out.

Edited by campervanman

Ok. The Telegraph article states there were 371000 claimants born outside the UK from a total of 5.5 million. That represents 6.7%.

Foreign born residents of the UK represent 13% of the UK population according to the 2011 UK Census.

You work it out.

What about all the rest of the benefits, Housing benefit,Child tax credits,(even for children who don't live in this country) . ;)

What about all the rest of the benefits, Housing benefit,Child tax credits,(even for children who don't live in this country) . ;)

So when the numbers show that a lower percentage of immigrants claim benefits than the locals you revert to must be right cos'fat bloke down the pub says. Dumb down the proles and feed them lies, works every time.

Edited by campervanman

So when the numbers show that a lower percentage of immigrants claim benefits than the locals you revert to must be right cos'fat bloke down the pub says. Dumb down the proles and feed them lies, works every time.

It is perfectly legitimate for EU immigrants working in the Uk to claim for children who live outside the UK. Sadly the money does not get spent in the UK.

Edited by awaytogo

It is perfectly legitimate for EU immigrants working in the Uk to claim for children who live outside the UK.

Really, this is allowed? I'm surprised.

I'd have thought it would be up to whoever was caring for the child on a day-to-day basis to claim in the child's country of residence.

Just checking the immigration numbers across EU and UK is not anything special. The data are from 2010. Perhaps the immigration is not the real problem.

http://en.wikipedia....tion_to_Germany

Country Total population (1000) Total Foreign-born (1000) %

Germany 81,802 9,812 12.0

France 64,716 7,196 11.1

United Kingdom 62,008 7,012 11.3

Spain 45,989 6,422 14.0 (700k British immigrants)

Edited by Damik

Non-residents convicted, get deported to never be allowed back.

The law abiding can either return to their own country or claim benefits from their place of origin, which as I understand it is already an option via European law. The reason they don't is our benefits are easier to get and are potentially worth more.

If someone comes here to work then benefits aren't a problem and if they know up front they won't get any then they plan accordingly and save enough to return home.

Really, this is allowed? I'm surprised.

I'd have thought it would be up to whoever was caring for the child on a day-to-day basis to claim in the child's country of residence.

It no surprise at all, its a fact.

Their anger will be compounded by new figures, which show that the benefit is being used to support nearly 29,000 children living in Poland, along with thousands of children elsewhere in Eastern Europe.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/8052738/Row-over-child-benefit-for-East-Europeans.html

Single mothers claim for children back in Poland and other EU countries.

The fact is the public do not know the true figures of what we are paying out to subsidise the EU.

Edited by awaytogo