House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lid

The Tooth Fairy - The Going Rate?

does any know the going rate for the tooth fairy?

me and her indoors have been of the opinion it's around the 50p to £1 mark

although some stupid cow in her work puts fivers under the pillow

and i'm just not having that

1960 = a shilling (in old money, 5p in new)

Using RPI, 2013 = approx £1

Using earnings growth, 2013 = approx £2.25

The UK Government currently has a scheme where you initially only pay 10p to the tooth fairy yourself, with the £2.15 balance borrowed at very low rates, repayable over the next 150 years.

Alternatively Goldman Sachs can put you into a pool with other parents whose kids have lost a tooth and for a small investment of just £1.99 your stake will be utilised to buy a portfolio of high yielding virtual currency tracker bonds that will mature in ten years' time. The commission rate for this is a ridiculously generous 60% p.a. and this will almost certainly be offset by the incredible capital gains that will be realised. The bitcoin element alone will quite likely be worth £100,000 or more at maturity.

The decision is yours, but since you're a hardworking family man who wants to make sure his child is given the very best chance to move on in life and get a foot on the housing ladder, I have every confidence that you will make the right decision and invest for the future.

Best wishes,

Dave

[P.S. If you choose the Goldman option, please put my name as introducer on the application form.]

Well, the Uk minimum wage for someone over 21 is £6.31, theres probably a minimum callout charge with that. When you factor in the traveling, public liability insurance, and tax then I would expect to pay at least £50 a tooth. Of course you could get some pikeys to do the job for a quarter of the price, but you get what you pay for.

1960 = a shilling (in old money, 5p in new)

Using RPI, 2013 = approx £1

Using earnings growth, 2013 = approx £2.25

The UK Government currently has a scheme where you initially only pay 10p to the tooth fairy yourself, with the £2.15 balance borrowed at very low rates, repayable over the next 150 years.

Alternatively Goldman Sachs can put you into a pool with other parents whose kids have lost a tooth and for a small investment of just £1.99 your stake will be utilised to buy a portfolio of high yielding virtual currency tracker bonds that will mature in ten years' time. The commission rate for this is a ridiculously generous 60% p.a. and this will almost certainly be offset by the incredible capital gains that will be realised. The bitcoin element alone will quite likely be worth £100,000 or more at maturity.

The decision is yours, but since you're a hardworking family man who wants to make sure his child is given the very best chance to move on in life and get a foot on the housing ladder, I have every confidence that you will make the right decision and invest for the future.

Best wishes,

Dave

[P.S. If you choose the Goldman option, please put my name as introducer on the application form.]

lols.

I checked with my daughter who has three kids in the relevant age range and she is paying £1.

it could be that she is using the RPI calculation as shown in a post above. More likely, it is down to lower incomes in Wales than elsewhere.

Your teeth falling out must be horrible. If the prospect of a fiver makes it a bit easier then don't be tight!

No, it is the best feeling in the world to get of that irritating wobbly, itchy tooth out......a new tooth brush would be ideal, but never throw the old tooth away. ;)

10p a tooth circa 1976.

Surrey prices though.

Used to be 6d, but probably over half-a-crown now!! :blink:

A quid for the tooth fairy, although as eldest is getting older (10) she got £2 for last tooth .... bah inflation!

Half a crown is 2 shillings fillings.

And indeed sixpence over, for a "half a crown" is one eighth of a pound. I think you are confusing with the "two bob bit" of Florin, introduced in 1888, as one tenth of a pound! Queen Victoria's attempt at decimalisation! I have a "groat" somewhere, a silver fourpence! :blink: