House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
interestrateripoff

Chancellor Will Slash Borrowing By Billions Thanks To Stamp Duty: Swell In Housing Market And Recovering Economy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2511560/Chancellor-slash-borrowing-billions-thanks-stamp-duty-Swell-housing-market-recovering-economy.html

Chancellor will slash borrowing by billions thanks to stamp duty: Swell in housing market and recovering economy

George Osborne on course to borrow around £105bn this year

Compared with the £120billion pencilled in at the Budget in March

However, the national debt still stands at over £1.2trillion

Everything is linked to housing...

A long time ago (actually around 2007ish) I wrote to my MP or the Treasury complaining about stamp duty (particularly its abrupt thresholds IIRC).

HMT replied with something along the lines of "sorry we'd love to cut it but it brings in so much money we can't".

You can see the Tories now trying to "ride the bubble" the way Labour so effectively did (and killed the economy at the same time!).

I wonder why

800px-Pyramid_scheme.svg.png

1980's MIras

1990's low intrest rats

2000's BTL

2010-1013 - Mega low interest rates

2013- Government subsidy and government lending.

2020's WWIII

It's like, it was planned.

I just got another reply from the BoE on my question...Ho do you define a housing bubble....they replied the same answer as before stating that housing was part of the economic recovery.....housing was the cause of the economic collapse.

Ponzi-tastic.

I just got another reply from the BoE on my question...Ho do you define a housing bubble....they replied the same answer as before stating that housing was part of the economic recovery.....housing was the cause of the economic collapse.

Ponzi-tastic.

So bubble prices which haven't corrected now indicate there is a recovery. Utter genius!

Well you heard it here first...it looks to me like the boe believe they can fix the problems cause by a massive house price bubble by relying on house prices increasing whilst interest rates at an all time low and the government guaranteeing deposits.

Does anyone see any potential problem with this solution?

Am i missing something?

This is madness if you ask me.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Well you heard it here first...it looks to me like the boe believe they can fix the problems cause by a massive house price bubble by relying on house prices increasing whilst interest rates at an all time low and the government guaranteeing deposits.

Does anyone see any potential problem with this solution?

Am i missing something?

This is madness if you ask me.

Im sure they'll monetize debt next time round again. Except then they'll need to steal 10% of your purchasing power a year instead of 5%. Sooner or later theres only so much inflation you can at least somewhat stealthily hide.

Im sure they'll monetize debt next time round again. Except then they'll need to steal 10% of your purchasing power a year instead of 5%. Sooner or later theres only so much inflation you can at least somewhat stealthily hide.

Then what....crowds with pitch forks and flaming torches ?