House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
gf3

#ask Jpm

Does anyone's entry into twitter go well?

Its a bloody hive of the permanently 'offended' and hoping to be offended'. Best leave it to Miley cyrus to post pictures of her private bits or whatever she does. Not sure why all these politicians bother, other than some pathological obsession with being noticed.

From the link. When you have banks this brazen and manipulative there is only one way to fix them and it isn't tougher regulations, jail time or total break up are required.

In Libor, we learned that some of the world's largest banks had been serially monkeying with world interest rates for years, dating back perhaps as far as 1991. In this case, the allegations are a bit more complicated, but center around a similar phenomenon – benchmark rates that are set based upon information easily manipulated by the very companies that stand to benefit most from it. In this case, there are five banks that collectively make up about 47 percent of the trading in the $5 trillion-a-day Forex market, and executives from those five banks were dumb enough to leave written records of what appear to be attempts to manipulate benchmark rates in an Instant Message group these idiots actually nicknamed "The Cartel.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/blogs/taibblog/chases-twitter-gambit-devolves-into-all-time-pr-fiasco-20131115#ixzz2l4vWmHtg

Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

Funny you should post that as it was the one part of the story that interested me as well. I immediately went off to Google to check how many of the alleged 'fraudsters' ended up in jail, because fraud is a crime and fraud on that scale must surely result in a jail sentence.

Funny you should post that as it was the one part of the story that interested me as well. I immediately went off to Google to check how many of the alleged 'fraudsters' ended up in jail, because fraud is a crime and fraud on that scale must surely result in a jail sentence.

If they get caught, it is a fine for the bank. If not just another addition to the bonus pool without any haircut. Cases of fraud are so numerous it is quite sensible to believe that manipulation of markets is core to the business models of these financial crime houses.

My cousin was a VP of JP Morgan (there are lots of VPs). He said they plan on losing 10% of profits for fines.

I wonder what it would take to lose a banking license. They make it very hard to get one but there doesn't seem to be anything you can do to lose one. Looks like the basic requirements for crony capitalism.