House Price Crash Forum
durhamborn

Elizabeth Warren For The White House?

Interesting article from the Guardian.Warren was followed by many people on here a long time before she even entered politics.

I also find it strange that making families have a decent income and be off state support is somehow left wing?.

It might be a good idea for her not to take up hill walking or anything.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/nov/16/elizabeth-warren-2016-race-white-house

Elizabeth Warren is the kind of person I can only dream about being able to vote for. For those not familiar with her, I would strongly recommend her 2008 lecture on "

". There's a reason it's a classic.

What really impresses me is her resistance to co-option, as in this 2010 quote about the creation of a Consumer Finance Protection Agency: "My first choice is a strong consumer agency. My second choice is no agency at all and plenty of blood and teeth left on the floor."

I'd put her chances of nomination around zero, but I'd love to be proved wrong.

Wasn't she the one who lied about being 'Native American' to exploit racial quotas?

No, she was the one the bankers spent a fortune trying to smear, and this trivia was the best they could come up with.

If its Clinton v Warren do you seriously imagine W would win?

I still don't understand why she was in political bed w/ McCain.

If its Clinton v Warren do you seriously imagine W would win?

I still don't understand why she was in political bed w/ McCain.

Because they shared a common cause (instating a new glass-steagall) and she has enough integrity not to abandon something she believes in for short-term political gain?

She has a massive advantage over Clinton.Huge numbers of republicans would vote for her.The middle class in the west are starting to wake up and see that after the working class were destroyed they are next.

It would be harder for her to get the Democratic leadership though.If she managed to get that shed have a huge shot at the white house.

I doubt she could ever be corrupted so shed be a disaster for the 1% and Wall Street.

Because they shared a common cause (instating a new glass-steagall) and she has enough integrity not to abandon something she believes in for short-term political gain?

McCain wants Glass-Steagall? Behave

She has a massive advantage over Clinton.Huge numbers of republicans would vote for her.The middle class in the west are starting to wake up and see that after the working class were destroyed they are next.

It would be harder for her to get the Democratic leadership though.If she managed to get that shed have a huge shot at the white house.

I doubt she could ever be corrupted so shed be a disaster for the 1% and Wall Street.

Irrelevant. Same went for Paul

Irrelevant. Same went for Paul

Im not sure she is.She has the ability to put things across in the way people experience them.

She could really connect.I think living standards and the destruction of middle wages is the huge issue of our times,the debt disaster is simply part of this to replace wages..She has the experience and persona to own the debate.

Shes no Paul.Far more appealing to democrats and republicans I think.

No, she was the one the bankers spent a fortune trying to smear, and this trivia was the best they could come up with.

She nearly gets as hard a time from the press as Ron Paul.

Im not sure she is.She has the ability to put things across in the way people experience them.

She could really connect.I think living standards and the destruction of middle wages is the huge issue of our times,the debt disaster is simply part of this to replace wages..She has the experience and persona to own the debate.

Absolutely,Paul was too radical.Voters just weren't ready to accept that the powers that be might not be the powers that be.

Warren and Christie both come across as reasonable and decent upstanding individuals.

It'll be interesting to see if Rand Paul follows his father's path in politics.

Elizabeth Warren is left wing for Massachussets - she was lucky to beat Scott Brown and was helped by the Obama re-election tide.

While she is an admirable lady the chances of her getting elected nationally are zero!

Far far more appealing I believe. imagine video's such as these -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snbOMFzVq80

Getting full-scale media coverage in the run-up to a presidential election.

There is one current issue that crosses all political boundaries of left and right, and would energize people of all political affiliations to vote, and that is the issue of our corrupt, law-breaking, fraud-committing, socially useless, ponzi banks and financial system.

Moreover a lot of people believe that our current economic and political systems are fundamentally broken, and that our finance systems are the root cause or at the very minimum play a major part in keeping it broken.

There are exceedingly few who have the credibility to stand for president on these issues as most are compromised in one way or another, Elizabeth Warren is one of the few that is not.

Really though, what will happen in 2016 is really far too early to tell right now. Reality often has a way of intruding on what people think of as "certainties" such as a hillary clinton presidential run. Myself I think it'd be fantastic if Elizabeth Warren became POTUS. The U.S. might get hope and change after all if it happened.

Edited by alexw

[quote name='alexw' timestamp='1384698774' post='909431673'

The U.S. might get hope and change after all if it happened.

Agreed 100%

Come on. McCain is one of the most pro status quo

You'll have to present me with something a bit more concrete before I'm convinced that McCain's support and championing for the re-instatement of glass-steagall was not genuine. Being a supporter of some forms of the status quo does not exclude recognition of fundamantally corrupt and broken aspects of it.

Either Warren is a fool and McCain a devious liar who faked support for GS because... err, not really sure. Or Warren is no fool and McCain recognised the damage done by the repeal of GS, and they found common ground.

Occam's razor says the latter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snbOMFzVq80

There is one current issue that crosses all political boundaries of left and right, and would energize people of all political affiliations to vote, and that is the issue of our corrupt, law-breaking, fraud-committing, socially useless, ponzi banks and financial system.

Moreover a lot of people believe that our current economic and political systems are fundamentally broken, and that our finance systems are the root cause or at the very minimum play a major part in keeping it broken.

There are exceedingly few who have the credibility to stand for president on these issues as most are compromised in one way or another, Elizabeth Warren is one of the few that is not.

Really though, what will happen in 2016 is really far too early to tell right now. Reality often has a way of intruding on what people think of as "certainties" such as a hillary clinton presidential run. Myself I think it'd be fantastic if Elizabeth Warren became POTUS. The U.S. might get hope and change after all if it happened.

Couldn't agree more.If she was in the UK Id be out campaigning for her.She has outstanding intellect, yet the common touch.

She knows the destruction of the middle class is the destruction of freedom in the end.Republican voters know that too.Just like Thatcher had droves of Labour voters turning to her,Warren could probably pull the same republican votes to her.

It will be interesting to see how it develops.

There's a good earlier one when she questioned Geithner about the AIG bailout. This was before she was elected to the Senate.

Edited by thecrashingisles

If it applies.

So many wars to choose from

How would he get his wars funded?

Can you explain why he instigated the reinstitution of GS or not? Can you explain why someone as obviously clever as Warren would support him unless she was reasonably sure of his intentions? All you've got is pure speculation without any supporting evidence or logic. I'm no fan of McClain, but that doesn't prevent me giving him the benefit of the doubt and supporting him in this instance.