House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Masked Tulip

Did The Bbc Turn Dr. Who Into A Paedophile?

I was watching an episode of Dr. Who tonight in which Melody Pond - the daughter of his assistants - is born. The Doctor then goes gaa gaa over the baby, nuzzles and kisses her, gives her his own childhood cot, etc.

No problem there as he is acting like a besotted and loving uncle.

But hang on....

Isn't Melody Pond the person aka as River Song who snogs and marries the Doctor? That's more than a bit creepy isn't it?

Can you imagine any man being present at the birth of his friend's daughter and then X years later snogging, marrying and, presumbably, shagging the adult daughter? Wouldn't that be creepy? Wouldn't people think the man had more than a touch of the Jimmy Savile about him? The doting uncle would become the paedophile uncle.

I am surprised, in light of the Jimmy Savile BBC stuff, that there has not been more qusstioning of this character development in Dr. Who - ffs, the 900 year old Doctor was present at her birth and then hung around for a few decades until she was old enough to shag!

Surely other Dr. Who fans have questioned this?

A David Tennant episode followed - what a fine actor he is.

I was watching an episode of Dr. Who tonight in which Melody Pond - the daughter of his assistants - is born. The Doctor then goes gaa gaa over the baby, nuzzles and kisses her, gives her his own childhood cot, etc.

But hang on....

Isn't Melody Pond the person aka as River Song who snogs and marries the Doctor? That's more than a bit creepy isn't it?

Can you imagine any man being present at the birth of his friend's daughter and then X years later snogging, marrying and, presumbably, shagging the adult daughter? Wouldn't that be creepy? Wouldn't people think the man had more than a touch of the Jimmy Savile about him? The doting uncle would become the paedophile uncle.

I am surprised, in light of the Jimmy Savile BBC stuff, that there has not been more qusstioning of this character development in Dr. Who - ffs, the 900 year old Doctor was present at her birth and then hung around for a few decades until she was old enough to shag!

I have to confess to not completely understanding the story line, but isn't her past his future in some way, so he doesn't actually know who she is? Whether that changes anything I don't know.

the 900 year old Doctor was present at her birth and then hung around for a few decades until she was old enough to shag!

Well not to be all contraire, but if he waited decades then she's no longer a teenager. And therefore he's not a paedophile?

'Melody' Pond is an anagram of 'pedo my old n'

That must be a clue of some sort. :blink:

One of the perils, of 900 year old men travelling time and space with a 22 year old woman. Since you have all the time in the world, you can make up anagrams? :lol::blink:

I have to confess to not completely understanding the story line, but isn't her past his future in some way, so he doesn't actually know who she is? Whether that changes anything I don't know.

Sounds like something Jimmy Savile would say?

Well not to be all contraire, but if he waited decades then she's no longer a teenager. And therefore he's not a paedophile?

At what point does he forget that he was there at her birth? Presumably he popped in from time to time to see her and her parents as she was growing up? At what point does he think "Oh, I'll have some of that!"?

At what point does he think "Oh, I'll have some of that!"?

That's something you'll never know isn't it!

But from a legal perspective, he's innocent. Sorry to burst your sci-fi bubble B)

That's something you'll never know isn't it!

But from a legal perspective, he's innocent. Sorry to burst your sci-fi bubble B)

Legally innocent maybe but morally? How could any man marry let alone shag an adult woman whom, a few decades earlier, he was gaa gaa over her birth. Most men would not even consider thinking about such a thing.

Legally innocent maybe but morally? How could any man marry let alone shag an adult woman whom, a few decades earlier, he was gaa gaa over her birth. Most men would not even consider thinking about such a thing.

I think this is an ethical dilemma that only 900 year old time lords have to worry about.

If I was 900 years old, I'd be more concerned as to whether I could do the deed without recourse to help from a sonic screwdriver.

I think this is an ethical dilemma that only 900 year old time lords have to worry about.

If I was 900 years old, I'd be more concerned as to whether I could do the deed without recourse to help from a sonic screwdriver.

His female assistants' eyes always light up excitedly when they first catch sight of his sonic screwdriver, often followed by a gasp of "What's that?" only to be disappointed when he opens doors with it.

I digress.

The first time River Song appeared she was interesting but, IMPO, the characterisation and acting went more and more over the top with each subsequent appearance. Now I have worked out the above I just think 'paedophile' and wonder why and how the BBC developed this perverse relationship.

I guess the BBC employs a lot of Paedos! It certainly looks like they are competing with the Catholics to get the best! :blink:

One of the perils, of 900 year old men travelling time and space with a 22 year old woman. Since you have all the time in the world, you can make up anagrams? :lol::blink:

Because anagrams are easier if you stick the unused leftover letters on the end!

Have you ever noticed that your name is an anagram of Mr. Nip?

But hang on....

Well there are distinguished literary precedents: Jane Austen's Emma and her Mr Knightley, who had held her in his arms when she was 3 weeks old (he'd have been about 16). Never occurred to me that Mr Knightley had paedo tendencies...