House Price Crash Forum

Npower Owner To Cut Almost 7,000 Jobs In Europe

onlyme2

HOLA441

http://money.aol.co.uk/2013/11/14/npower-owner-to-cut-almost-7-000-jobs-in-europe/

In the UK

The unions Unison and GMB said last week that there was growing speculation that 2,000 UK call centre jobs would be outsourced to India. Unison National Officer for Energy, Matthew Lay, said: "NPower workers are up in arms about rumours that the company is about to axe 2000 jobs. In the weeks leading up to Christmas, the last thing that its workers need is news that their jobs are under threat. The company should come clean and put an end to the fear and uncertainty spreading across the workforce.

HOLA442

http://money.aol.co.uk/2013/11/14/npower-owner-to-cut-almost-7-000-jobs-in-europe/

In the UK

The unions Unison and GMB said last week that there was growing speculation that 2,000 UK call centre jobs would be outsourced to India. Unison National Officer for Energy, Matthew Lay, said: "NPower workers are up in arms about rumours that the company is about to axe 2000 jobs. In the weeks leading up to Christmas, the last thing that its workers need is news that their jobs are under threat. The company should come clean and put an end to the fear and uncertainty spreading across the workforce.

I shall change my energy supplier, for moral reasons! :huh:

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Energy suppliers are notorious for their poor customer service. Scottish Power is the company I have experience of and they are absolutely abysmal. They will keep you on hold for literally hours at a time. Not ten minutes, which would be annoying, not half an hour, which would be really, really, incredibly bad, but full hours. Like An hour and a half or two hours of being held in a queue. At your own expense, of course. If outsourcing to India meant they will answer the telephone within a few minutes then that would be a good thing.

Add their sky high prices to their worthless customer service and at this point we really need to start thinking about revoking their licenses and starting again. The situation really is that bad.

HOLA448

Energy suppliers are notorious for their poor customer service. Scottish Power is the company I have experience of and they are absolutely abysmal. They will keep you on hold for literally hours at a time. Not ten minutes, which would be annoying, not half an hour, which would be really, really, incredibly bad, but full hours. Like An hour and a half or two hours of being held in a queue. At your own expense, of course. If outsourcing to India meant they will answer the telephone within a few minutes then that would be a good thing.

Add their sky high prices to their worthless customer service and at this point we really need to start thinking about revoking their licenses and starting again. The situation really is that bad.

+1

Similar experience when they hiked the direct debit for no reason. Very poor. Have since left them. They now owe me a lot of money through over-charging. Robbing b@st@rds.

Not sure the privatised utility model works to be honest.

HOLA449

+1

Similar experience when they hiked the direct debit for no reason. Very poor. Have since left them. They now owe me a lot of money through over-charging. Robbing b@st@rds.

Not sure the privatised utility model works to be honest.

Probably why many other countries did not attempt it! But, hey, we're daft here! :blink: