House Price Crash Forum

1700 Less Bankers

HOLA441

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24947774

"Barclays is to cut 1,700 jobs from across its branch network in the UK, the bank has announced."

Great news, 1700 more potential BTL investors to get into the london market. Who needs a job when there's fortune to be made in property.

Well done.

The jobless recovery is going well.

6 weeks to Christmas, got to love the timing.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Many staff in branches are on less than 20k (15k is quite common for a full time position). Hardly the greedy idiots in offices. I always wondered how people could stomach working for such low pay in bank branches when the company was making profits in the billions of pounds and those in HQ were on bonuses in the hundreds of thoasands or more. Throughly demoralising I'd have thought.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Poor sods.

Strange really, every Barclay's branch I ever walk into is heaving and with long queues for the counters. They also out-source all their support/IT to India massively, they are contributing to the bankruptcy of their own customers in the long run.

HOLA4413

Poor sods.

Strange really, every Barclay's branch I ever walk into is heaving and with long queues for the counters. They also out-source all their support/IT to India massively, they are contributing to the bankruptcy of their own customers in the long run.

How do the Indian workers feel about it?

No idea. But we're all in it together.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
1384472967[/url]' post='909430461']

Poor sods.

The experience I have in my local Barclays (Fleet) is the opposite. They are very efficient at getting people through, with any disruptions usually caused by old people being stupid e.g new system In place for paying in cheques, just take it straight to the cashier with no deposit slip required.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Poor sods.

I have a relative working for Natwest, they've been progressively slimming their branch staff to the absolute minimum.

They've also just introduced a new £6 charge if you go overdrawn by more then £10 (arranged). A sign of financial sector innovation and efficiency, to be sure.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422