House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Woman Who Turned Down Older Man's Offer Of Marriage Stunned By Itemised £115,000 Bill For Everything He's Ever Spent On Her

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2507049/Woman-turned-older-mans-offer-marriage-stunned-115-000-hes-spent-her.html

Marie Lacombe says she and Bruce Dusting were only ever good friends

But he says she led him on to get him to loan her more and more cash

Now he says the stress of the 'break up' means he'll never dance again

A woman who turned down a marriage proposal from a well-to-do suitor was shocked when he handed a bill of more than £115,000 for everything he claims to have spent on her.

Single mother Marie Lacombe, 42, from Melbourne, Australia, says she and 65-year-old Bruce Dusting were never romantically involved.

But it seems he felt differently about their relationship, claiming she led him on to extract money from him to fund Zumba classes, shopping trips and even cosmetic surgery.

Mr Dusting says the payments - of which he has kept careful records and include things like dental appointments, tupperware and even birthday parties for her children - were all loans.

And he accuses her of playing on his emotions to get more cash out of him. On one occasion, he claims, she asked him to lend her money she needed for emergency surgery.

But when he went to visit her in the hospital, he found that she had got breast implants and a tummy tuck.

Perhaps she should have got married to him then she could have got a divorce and got 50% and no bill?

Keeping all the receipts was a stroke of genius, although you do wonder if there is more to the story than is currently in the press.

Oh dear.

He thought he could buy this woman.

If the money was all loans then why didn't he call the loans in after the first few grand. Instead he waited until it was clear he wasn't getting a permanent leg over.

She knew what she was doing and he was too stupid to see it.

Yes she is a crook with no morals and obviously led him on. What other reason would he give her all that money....for the fun of it.? It takes two, I know but to my mind it is the one receiving the money who is the crook.

edit to make sense

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2507049/Woman-turned-older-mans-offer-marriage-stunned-115-000-hes-spent-her.html

Perhaps she should have got married to him then she could have got a divorce and got 50% and no bill?

Keeping all the receipts was a stroke of genius, although you do wonder if there is more to the story than is currently in the press.

I strongly doubt that the story bears any more than a fleeting resemblance to the actual situation. The DM is not exactly renowned for prizing journalistic accuracy above entertainment value.

Yes she is a crook who with no morals and obviously led him on. What other reason would he give her all that money....for the fun of it.? It takes two, I know but to my mind it is the one receiving the money who is the crook.

Why would he keep *all* the reciepts?

Lucky escape, she looks like a dog chewed slipper.

Taking it down to that basic level, it's hard to describe him then, because he was batting way out of his league.

I strongly doubt that the story bears any more than a fleeting resemblance to the actual situation. The DM is not exactly renowned for prizing journalistic accuracy above entertainment value.

It could actually be a "made up" story! :blink:

Sounds like some blokes pissed off with how men are getting regularly raped by women - are fighting back a bit. Good luck to them.

Sounds like some blokes pissed off with how men are getting regularly raped by women - are fighting back a bit. Good luck to them.

Sounds like you're talking shit as usual. In what way was this man being raped? Defrauded maybe; not raped.

Edit: Assuming, rather rashly, that the story is not entirely made up.

Sounds like you're talking shit as usual. In what way was this man being raped? Defrauded maybe; not raped.

Edit: Assuming, rather rashly, that the story is not entirely made up.

I wasn't meaning physically raped - the word can be used in another way. Raped of his money.

Then again as you say possibly all bull anyway.