House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheNoSnowMan

Gogglebox - Channel 4

I often visit a mate on a Wednesday night and, unlike me, he still watches live TV and spends most nights infront of the idiot box. A programme he loves watching at the moment is called Gogglebox on Channel 4. I saw it for the first time about a week ago and good GOD is it f.ucking awful. For those who have managed to avoid it (lucky you) the programme makers have installed cameras in various people houses filming them watching various TV programmes throughout the week. Not only is it a PC box ticking exercise but it glamourise the incrediably low level of intelligence the average Brit now seems to have. Last night they had the goggleboxers watching last weeks Question Time which featured Nigel Farage. Almost all of them were slagging him off calling him a 'Nazi' or 'Right winger'. The father of one family is German and was commenting on the need to control immigration when his obese English wife pipes up and says 'Nigel Farage wants to deport people like you'. I just wanted to put my foot through the telly as it was the most blatant bias normally reserved for the BBC. Funnily enough they were singing the praises of the Tory bint who was 'standing up to him'. More like 'Please don't cost me my job in 2015 Mr Farage'. It's reasons like this I refuse to pay the TV Licence if it's funding utter crap like this. I wouldn't be surprised if it traspires the whole thing is scripted and they're all actors.

I'll be doing something else next Wednesday.

Sounds like a new low. :D

But at least it's not the BBC this time!!! When license payers are funding it directly it has the slight feel of the condemned man handing over money to the axeman, to my mind.

Its a TV programme where you watch ordinary people like yourself watch TV, sometimes they watch reality TV which is ordinary people on TV.

It is a geniusly ironic piece of television and for that, I salute the makers.

I often visit a mate on a Wednesday night and, unlike me, he still watches live TV and spends most nights infront of the idiot box. A programme he loves watching at the moment is called Gogglebox on Channel 4. I saw it for the first time about a week ago and good GOD is it f.ucking awful. For those who have managed to avoid it (lucky you) the programme makers have installed cameras in various people houses filming them watching various TV programmes throughout the week. Not only is it a PC box ticking exercise but it glamourise the incrediably low level of intelligence the average Brit now seems to have. Last night they had the goggleboxers watching last weeks Question Time which featured Nigel Farage. Almost all of them were slagging him off calling him a 'Nazi' or 'Right winger'. The father of one family is German and was commenting on the need to control immigration when his obese English wife pipes up and says 'Nigel Farage wants to deport people like you'. I just wanted to put my foot through the telly as it was the most blatant bias normally reserved for the BBC. Funnily enough they were singing the praises of the Tory bint who was 'standing up to him'. More like 'Please don't cost me my job in 2015 Mr Farage'. It's reasons like this I refuse to pay the TV Licence if it's funding utter crap like this. I wouldn't be surprised if it traspires the whole thing is scripted and they're all actors.

I'll be doing something else next Wednesday.

http://web.orange.co.uk/p/film/cinema_tickets

I don't really care. I'm still voting UKIP anyway. In fact, the more the media slags off UKIP, it makes me even more determined to vote for them.

May 22nd, 2014. Stick it in your diary!

I do hope there were hidden cameras filming you as you watched gogglebox.

Perhaps we'll find out next week.

Believe me, if they had recorded myself watching this programme I doubt there would be much that was 'broadcastable'.