House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

The Glass Ceiling In Pictures...

http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/13/the-glass-ceiling-illustrated-in-one-meet-the-staff-web-page-4186032/

This is the website for Cellular Solutions, apparently the ’leading communications provider to south-east England’ and listed by Companies House.

Quite admirably, the company took the time to highlight its 31 employees in a ‘meet the staff’ page.

Here you can see all the business managers:

meet-the-staff-e1384368568713.png?w=650&h=401&crop=1#038;h=632

More at the link. Seems a waste of time applying if your a bloke....

In my experience - the most likely boss not to hire a woman just because she is a woman - is a woman.

I have also heard more complaints about women bosses from women - than men.

But what do i know. The equality commission know what they are talking about :rolleyes:

I wonder how much they are being paid?

If lower wages for women is true, then this company has an entire management team on the cheap.

I wonder how much they are being paid?

If lower wages for women is true, then this company has an entire management team on the cheap.

Its not true.

Full time wages for women are on average lower.

Part time wages for women are on average higher.

But for some reason you don't see the equality commission bleating about that on tv very often.

Oooof - there's some maternity-leave issues I'm not sure have been fully considered by the senior management.

(and PMT-related bitching, in-fighting, and moaning.)

Some good eye-candy though!

Do I win OT's mysoginistic post of the year?

Oooof - there's some maternity-leave issues I'm not sure have been fully considered by the senior management.

(and PMT-related bitching, in-fighting, and moaning.)

Some good eye-candy though!

Do I win OT's mysoginistic post of the year?

No, you should have made a remark about them standing on the glass ceiling and you looking up from below.

Fnarr, fnarr.

A mate of mine (who's in his mid thirties) has a very similar position as it were...He works for a major tool distribution company, and he hires (8 times out of ten I'd say) girls aged between 18-30...

I have a go at him about this, as I dread to think when I get to my fifties or sixties and can no longer get a job because of a "policy" like this...It might look great on the surface, but I bet there's a bitching going on in the background...You need diversity in the workplace...

Yes, I always try to recruit mixed (age, sex) teams as they work well without cliques.

Why has this not been merged with the other thread on this? Since Bart and Doccy left the moderation on here has been poor.