House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Errol

So Which Glam Undies Cost £7 - And Which Cost £700?

Guest eight

article-2506881-195EA12900000578-952_310x582.jpg

I can't quite work out what's going on there. Has she got two pairs on, for DM modesty value, or is the outer pink bit actually part of the inner black bit? Or does she need her fake tan applying more consistently?

I can't quite work out what's going on there. Has she got two pairs on, for DM modesty value, or is the outer pink bit actually part of the inner black bit? Or does she need her fake tan applying more consistently?

It is both the black and the pink in one.

http://www.polyvore.com/helena_christensen_for_triumph_dahlia/thing?id=75790861

I don't understand the relevance of the thread title.

This is blatantly unscientific. A proper experiment would show the lovely Miss Leggat topless as a 'control' so that we could assess the support capabilities of the underwear.

Quite right. There should also be views from different angles.

Quite right. There should also be views from different angles.

Indeed. For example, can we be sure that the underwear can withstand the wearer bending over while keeping her legs straight, for example while picking up laundry from the floor? Or whether it can give adequate support while engaging in activities such as jogging, horseriding, or trampolining? (video footage would be useful in this case.)

MAIRWEN SAYS: Clearly a pricy set made with high-quality silk and lace. The seam stitching doesn't finish at the end of the fabric, however, making it more likely to fray. For special occasions only. 2/5

so the most expensive is the worst to wear...is poorly made....but for special occasions......

so for those special occasions, a brand is more important than quality, comfort and its something only you will know....

MAIRWEN SAYS: Clearly a pricy set made with high-quality silk and lace. The seam stitching doesn't finish at the end of the fabric, however, making it more likely to fray. For special occasions only. 2/5

so the most expensive is the worst to wear...is poorly made....but for special occasions......

so for those special occasions, a brand is more important than quality, comfort and its something only you will know....

There was text?

Lace bra, £6, lace thong, £1, both George at asda.com. Total: £7

Blimey, that's cheaper than kleenex :lol::lol::lol:

Lace? Handy for curtains, I suppose..

I've been meaning to bring up the subject of (men's) underwear myself. I'm sure twenty or thirty years ago, a pair of trousers cost 20 quid and a pair of pants cost a quid or so, and now a pair of trousers can still be had for 20 quid, but your lucky if you can find a pair of pants under a tenner.

Even in Marks, they seemed to be mostly pretty expensive. They did have a cheaper range if you searched hard enough, but they seemd to have been deliberatley designed to be unappealing.

Weird.

I've been meaning to bring up the subject of (men's) underwear myself. I'm sure twenty or thirty years ago, a pair of trousers cost 20 quid and a pair of pants cost a quid or so, and now a pair of trousers can still be had for 20 quid, but your lucky if you can find a pair of pants under a tenner.

Even in Marks, they seemed to be mostly pretty expensive. They did have a cheaper range if you searched hard enough, but they seemd to have been deliberatley designed to be unappealing.

Weird.

All cotton and nothing wrong with them. 4 pairs for £20

http://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-organic-cotton-briefs-pack-of-4-black-white/p279818?tmcampid=69&tmad=c&s_pccid=pc_sz_400_70000&

ideal breeding conditions for Chlamydia I would say.

That sounds like some Citroen hatchback!.

Guest eight

Weird.

I got some Sloggi ones, about £15 a pair. Came in individual cardboard boxes. I found them in no way preferable to cheaper alternatives.

There was text?

well if my missus looked like the model in the article i frankly wouldn't care if they cost £7 of £700..they wouldn't be staying on for very long! :P