House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

507 And Murdered By Scientists!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2505155/Worlds-oldest-creature-confirmed-507-years-old-scientists-KILLED-shellfish.html

World's oldest creature is revealed to be 507-year-old shellfish called Ming – until scientists KILLED it by opening it up to check its age

Scientists initially thought the clam, named Ming, was 405 years old

Mistake was made as scientists couldn't clearly see Ming's growth rings

Researchers claim the creature could help unlock the secrets to a long life

Sat at the bottom of the sea minding your own business and then some scientist comes along and murders you!

Bankers and boomers dream.

Imagine the potential for rentierism if you lived 500 years.

First 100 years investing and working, then 400 living off the back of everyone younger. House prices would go to the moon.

Guest eight

Sat at the bottom of the sea minding your own business and then some scientist comes along and murders you!

That is properly tragic.

It's just the usual Daily Mail lies to get a good headline. There are plenty of sea creatures thought to be thousands of years old:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_long-living_organisms

Sad to see this junk posted on a good forum like HPC.

Yes, typical DM. They have an article with a photo of Kate Moss dressed as a bunny girl on all fours. I pointed out what pleasure it gives men to see a woman on all fours... and you can imagine the response I got for daring to highlight what an enjoyable sight it is.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/reader-comments/p/comment/link/41763037

All part of the Daily Mail's campaign against science.

What I find completely bizarre is the way the commenters lap up the angle of cruel, stupid scientists killing an innocent creature. Somehow I doubt that they are all strict vegetarians!

All part of the Daily Mail's campaign against science.

What I find completely bizarre is the way the commenters lap up the angle of cruel, stupid scientists killing an innocent creature. Somehow I doubt that they are all strict vegetarians!

I don't understand how their website works but in most watched videos - Russian man nails testicles to red square.