House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
john_d_uk

Wiltshire Price Reductions

Hi Everyone,

I have written here before about my local town, Malmesbury decribing the high prices here. I made a speculative bid on a new build this weekend, which was up for £249,000. I offered £40,000 less than the sale price.

The agent said this would be acceptable. I do not intend to buy, but this reduction shows that developers are starting to want a quick sale - before Christmas was the only caveat.

I am more and more tempted to try other developers and even private sellers to see how low they will go. If enough do this, surely they will start to market the properties lower? :ph34r:

JD ;)

John,

I live in Malmesbury, out of interest, which development is this? Not one of the new ones by the old

Athelston Garage is it? They look hideous!

John,

I live in Malmesbury, out of interest, which development is this? Not one of the new ones by the old

Athelston Garage is it? They look hideous!

Ozzmosiz

Yes they are on the 'Octagon' site. They are really crammed in, on a busy (in Malmesbury terms) junction and as you say on an old Garage site (possible undiscovered ground contamination) and on the flood plain. Apart from that the town houses are really confused buildings, rooms where they shouldn't be and the wrong size/shape.

It will be interesting to see what price/ when they eventually go. I would say the biggest are not worth more than £180k having been around to see them again. (This is at today's rates, not including a potential price slump in the future)

I can't believe I just used the word 'worth'; please insert 'currently valued at' instead. I'm doomed!! :ph34r:

Edited by john_d_uk