House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Papa Serf

Yougov Surveys

I've been doing the youGov.co.uk surveys on and off for a few years.

I don't expect much in return but was genuinely cheered a little today to receive an email claiming I'd won a "bronze prize" I expected it to be something worth no more than tenner, card holder or parker pen perhaps. But no.

The prize was a choice of events I could choose from, the ones in my area are, paintballing where I have to buy the paintballs or entry to some crappy attraction where I get 1 free child entry when purchased with 2 adults tickets.

These are not prizes but fu cking promotions, YouGov can stick it up their ar se, lying bast ards.

I think this might be the straw that's broken the camels back. I cannot take this sh it anymore, even free stuff is going to cost me money.

I've been doing the youGov.co.uk surveys on and off for a few years.

I don't expect much in return but was genuinely cheered a little today to receive an email claiming I'd won a "bronze prize" I expected it to be something worth no more than tenner, card holder or parker pen perhaps. But no.

The prize was a choice of events I could choose from, the ones in my area are, paintballing where I have to buy the paintballs or entry to some crappy attraction where I get 1 free child entry when purchased with 2 adults tickets.

These are not prizes but fu cking promotions, YouGov can stick it up their ar se, lying bast ards.

I think this might be the straw that's broken the camels back. I cannot take this sh it anymore, even free stuff is going to cost me money.

Would it surprise you to hear that one of the founders of YouGov is that ******ing criminal fraudster/trougher Nadhim Zahawi?

Would it surprise you to hear that one of the founders of YouGov is that ******ing criminal fraudster/trougher Nadhim Zahawi?

I didn't know that, I shall delete my account and be done with them I reckon.

Has everything in this country got a sordid secret.

Ignoring the prize polls (which are infrequent), most of the polls just pay 50p-£1 for completion.

Once you get to £50 they send you a cheque. I've had about £250 from Yougov over the last ten years of so.

Better than a kick in the teeth!

ipsos mori called the other day about a radio survey. He offered to come back in a week to collect it or I could do it online. So I've opted for the online recording and he gave me a fiver! And a free pen! :)

I used to get loads of surveys from FF which would take up 5 ot 10 minutes at a time. Never once did they even offer me a pen or anything. Never a voucher for money off. Nothing.

In the end I emailed them and told them that I thought they were tight compared to other companies. The next survey - surprise surprise - had the chance of winning a voucher. WOW!!!

ipsos mori called the other day about a radio survey. He offered to come back in a week to collect it or I could do it online. So I've opted for the online recording and he gave me a fiver! And a free pen! :)

Alright for some, I did that one at home with him, gave the chap a cup of tea and everything. No mention of a fiver, maybe he kept it :blink:

The pen was very nice though. And I'd have done it for free (well, no pen) as if they have a record of the programmes I like in their stats then it's likely they'll make more of them.

I wouldn't do the other surveys though, I had one flying back from Portugal which I was going to fill in to give credit for the good excursion and slate the bad one, but they'd bolted onto it everything from what bank accounts I had to what domestic appliances I owned and whne my car insurance expired.

It remained uncompleted and I remained amazed that anybody would freely give all of this information away to invite a slew of junk mail and cold calls on the offchance that they might win some rubbish prize like a 10% off voucher.

It remained uncompleted and I remained amazed that anybody would freely give all of this information away to invite a slew of junk mail and cold calls on the offchance that they might win some rubbish prize like a 10% off voucher.

I like filling the ones in at the end of workshops and courses.

My favourite thing then is to be able to write is a good comment about the refreshments.

Slightly off topic, but I remember in the old days, the papers used to have proper scratch card prize draws, but I noticed recently that the draw in the Mail was just a scam, with every card being a "winner" but you had to phone a premium number to find out what you'd won. Practically had to break my mum's legs to stop her getting to the phone.

I like filling the ones in at the end of workshops and courses.

My favourite thing then is to be able to write is a good comment about the refreshments.

I do that too :)

And when there's a question about special dietary requirements on a conference booking form I always put "chips".

Then if there aren't any I moan about it in the feedback form :P

I do that too :)

And when there's a question about special dietary requirements on a conference booking form I always put "chips".

Then if there aren't any I moan about it in the feedback form :P

Do you think chips and chocolate cake would work too?

Had a lovely free dinner today! And a flapjack after!

Do you think chips and chocolate cake would work too?

Had a lovely free dinner today! And a flapjack after!

Alright for some, I had to make do with the Christmas sandwich selection from Boots. Although I have had spotted dick out of the AGA tonight, I genuinely can't remember when I last had that. Probably Tuesday then ;)

But you're right Sarah, I have been guilty of under-ambition. From now on it will be "chips and chocolate cake", which should give the person with the dull job of entering the forms a smile.

I did a timesheet audit many years ago, it took days and I found myself really looking forward to the ones from the chap who put smileys and "how's your week been x?" and similar messages to the lady who did the timesheets, she must have too, we all like smileys :)B):)

Alright for some, I had to make do with the Christmas sandwich selection from Boots. Although I have had spotted dick out of the AGA tonight, I genuinely can't remember when I last had that. Probably Tuesday then ;)

But you're right Sarah, I have been guilty of under-ambition. From now on it will be "chips and chocolate cake", which should give the person with the dull job of entering the forms a smile.

I did a timesheet audit many years ago, it took days and I found myself really looking forward to the ones from the chap who put smileys and "how's your week been x?" and similar messages to the lady who did the timesheets, she must have too, we all like smileys :)B):)

Awww cute :)

Yeah I think I'll try it too next chance I get.