House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
what

Companies Buying Properties

I was recently looking for a flat to rent in Manchester which was unfunished. I asked the EA if

the landlord could arrange for some basic appliances for the flat. The EA said the flat is owned by a

company and the company always rent it unfurnished. A lot of the properties i looked at were rented out by companies. Once a flat is built, some company will buy half the block before anyone else can look at it.

Does anyone know of the names of companies which do this ????? This should be stopped by the government immediately.

I was recently looking for a flat to rent in Manchester which was unfunished. I asked the EA if

the landlord could arrange for some basic appliances for the flat. The EA said the flat is owned by a

company and the company always rent it unfurnished. A lot of the properties i looked at were rented out by companies. Once a flat is built, some company will buy half the block before anyone else can look at it.

Does anyone know of the names of companies which do this ????? This should be stopped by the government immediately.

Some people put their BTL's into a limited company as it reduces their tax liability.

No! No! Don't stop it now. The more properties these companies buy now the higher their gearing. It would not take much in the way empty propery to send them to the wall, then we'll get the chance to buy cheaply off the receiver. :D

These companies are one of my biggest pet hates. Usually they buy all the 2 bed houses and rent them to FTB's. There are about 3 companies doing this in Swindon.

As mentioned above they are highly geared, and I avoid renting from these people.

Maybe this should be a question that all tenents should ask when looking to rent a place. Who is the owner?

Personally I also wouldn't rent a house that has been bought in the last four years (look it up on nethouseprices). Less likely to suddenly go on the market and pays back a little of the hurt.

Personally I also wouldn't rent a house that has been bought in the last four years (look it up on nethouseprices).

Same here: when I moved a few months back I made sure the owners had been there for a long time and therefore weren't likely to start desperation selling or get repossessed any time soon. You'd have to be brave, mad or only interested in the short term to rent anywhere that's been purchased in the last three or four years.