House Price Crash Forum
TheCountOfNowhere

Uk Inflation 2.2%

so food and beverage prices are actually down :o maybe I should confront the shop manager where our food bill increases every week along with product size shrinking, and my local pub has just increased lager by 10 p a pint and added £2 to a bottle of wine. So glad we are all enjoying the benefits of lower inflation.

Two categories were primarily responsible for the fall in the annual rate: transport (fuel) contributed -0.21% and education -0.18%.

The education category actually rose 8.2% between Sept and Oct (as another year's students are now subject to higher university course fees) but because this category rose 19.1% between Sept and Oct last year it resulted in an overall fall in the annual rate.

Very obvious that they're really struggling to keep generating inflation in the system due to credit deleveraging.

They've tried sterling devaluation, QE, VAT rises, tuition fee rises, energy risis (via the cartel).

Running out of bullets..............

They must be desperately hoping wage inflation kicks in soon

The core UK inflation rate, which excludes energy, food, alcohol and tobacco, came in at 1.7% - the lowest rate since September 2009.

You are Mervyn King and I claim my £6.3m inflation-indexed taxpayer-funded pension.

Up slightly to 126.9 from 126.8 MOM....the only relevant figure but ONS in their wisdom require you to dig for the stats and give you a load of crap in their bullet points.

Edited by crashmonitor

Very obvious that they're really struggling to keep generating inflation in the system due to credit deleveraging.

They've tried sterling devaluation, QE, VAT rises, tuition fee rises, energy risis (via the cartel).

But what justification would firms have for putting up wages when there's little or no demand for their services?

But what justification would firms have for putting up wages when there's little or no demand for their services?

Services sector is expanding no? That's the bulk of UK economy.

It's the 'march of the makers' that's fallen on it's ar5e.

Public sector wage increases? Please both the unions and public sector workers in the run up to the election.

Public sector wage increases? Please both the unions and public sector workers in the run up to the election.

And the real tax payers incomes ( and hence real tax receipts ) stagnant or falling will cause more long term damage.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

It is very odd to be living in a country where, almost daily, we are told that food, fuel, heating and house prices are rising... and most of us are experiencing or witness of those happening... only to get official inflation figures out that inflation is, um, down.

So RK, you think they are trying desperately to avert deflation? Could we roll over into a deflationary environment in a blink of an eye?

And the real tax payers incomes ( and hence real tax receipts ) stagnant or falling will cause more long term damage.

Yes, of course but that won't stop them ramping up public sector wages if they think it will benefit them at the election.

Yes, of course but that won't stop them ramping up public sector wages if they think it will benefit them at the election.

It's time a law was passed to stop any party using public money for pre-election give away's.

Who do I vote for to get this ?

I can't understand how anyone thinks you will get wage inflation when there is a glut of unemployed labour across Europe and America willing to work for free to gain experience and funded by the tax payer.

In the west, there are masses who will work cheaper than people in the UK. there are even more of them in Asia.

How can wages in Brittan ever rise above cost inflation whilst you have so much competition?

I just can't understand how people can't comprehend this..

The best you can hope for is a debasement of the currency so labour is cheaper than Europe and USA and slightly more competitive against Asia. Even then you will not outpace inflation as you're debasing the currency!!

The only way they managed since china joined the WTO was a __HUGE__ credit bubble that temporarily made it look like wages in the west were rising. Now you just have a huge number of unemployed, at uni, on training schemes, working for free etc..

so food and beverage prices are actually down :o maybe I should confront the shop manager where our food bill increases every week along with product size shrinking, and my local pub has just increased lager by 10 p a pint and added £2 to a bottle of wine. So glad we are all enjoying the benefits of lower inflation.

Well we can't have deflation can we? That would cause a collapse of the space time continuum, or so we are led to believe.

I popped into Tesco last night and was amazed how high a percentage some food products had shot up by in just a week. A quid had been added to some curries which was about a 30% increase and another ready meal - faggots and peas - had gone up from £2.50 to £3.10 IIRC.

We're not talking 2 or 3 percent rises here are we.

I popped into Tesco last night and was amazed how high a percentage some food products had shot up by in just a week. A quid had been added to some curries which was about a 30% increase and another ready meal - faggots and peas - had gone up from £2.50 to £3.10 IIRC.

I suppose they have to validate the stock market valuation somehow.

I can fix this for you....Pop in to Aldi next time. B)

I can fix this for you....Pop in to Aldi next time. B)

I needed some sinutab. Aldi don't sell Sinutab otherwise I would have gone there. Interestingly enough, Aldi's basic curry and rice ready meals are much cheaper than Tesco or Sainsburys and have an awful lot more chicken, onion and peppers in them.

I noticed that the Sainsburys ones have a tendency to have very little chicken in the chicken & rice ready meal curries. I picked up several ones in my local Sainsburys store over the weekend and, looking hard at them, I realised that most were lacking any visible chicken at all.