House Price Crash Forum

Winter

Steppenpig

HOLA441

Bit chilly out. Now that we're all cavemen, I suppose we should be fattening up on root vegetables and salted dried meats while reducing energy expenditure and metabolic activity to a minimum, ideally lying down in semi darkened rooms. Possibly a gorge-fest at around the year end to use up stocks followed by a couple of months of semi-fasting, before we can start enjoying fresh bunny again in the Spring.

HOLA442

Bit chilly out. Now that we're all cavemen, I suppose we should be fattening up on root vegetables and salted dried meats while reducing energy expenditure and metabolic activity to a minimum, ideally lying down in semi darkened rooms. Possibly a gorge-fest at around the year end to use up stocks followed by a couple of months of semi-fasting, before we can start enjoying fresh bunny again in the Spring.

Speak for thineself. Us medievalists are still sowing our meagre holdings with stout beans and onions. Then follows the implement maintenance, by tea light obviously.

HOLA443
HOLA444

That's where some of our religious festivals originate:

Bit chilly out. Now that we're all cavemen, I suppose we should be fattening up on root vegetables and salted dried meats while reducing energy expenditure and metabolic activity to a minimum, ideally lying down in semi darkened rooms. Possibly a gorge-fest at around the year end (pancake day, Mardi Gras, etc) to use up stocks followed by a couple of months of semi-fasting (Lent), before we can start enjoying fresh bunny again (Easter) in the Spring.

Edit: Actually, I guess you had exactly that in mind when you wrote that post!

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Speak for thineself. Us medievalists are still sowing our meagre holdings with stout beans and onions. Then follows the implement maintenance, by tea light obviously.

Splitter!

Your devlish agricultural developments will lead you on the path to unrighteousness, albeit with some hearty winter soups for sustenance.

HOLA448

Have you seen the John Lewis advert where the bear is killed by the rabbit?

Bears are meant to hibernate. Getting up in the middle of winter will seriously damage its fat reserves and unless it eats all the little rabbits friends it'll starve.

Not yet, but I shall look out for it. It certainly sounds as if it raises previously unconsidered implications for my strategy.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Archived