House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steppenpig

Winter

Bit chilly out. Now that we're all cavemen, I suppose we should be fattening up on root vegetables and salted dried meats while reducing energy expenditure and metabolic activity to a minimum, ideally lying down in semi darkened rooms. Possibly a gorge-fest at around the year end to use up stocks followed by a couple of months of semi-fasting, before we can start enjoying fresh bunny again in the Spring.

Bit chilly out. Now that we're all cavemen, I suppose we should be fattening up on root vegetables and salted dried meats while reducing energy expenditure and metabolic activity to a minimum, ideally lying down in semi darkened rooms. Possibly a gorge-fest at around the year end to use up stocks followed by a couple of months of semi-fasting, before we can start enjoying fresh bunny again in the Spring.

Speak for thineself. Us medievalists are still sowing our meagre holdings with stout beans and onions. Then follows the implement maintenance, by tea light obviously.

Have you seen the John Lewis advert where the bear is killed by the rabbit?

Bears are meant to hibernate. Getting up in the middle of winter will seriously damage its fat reserves and unless it eats all the little rabbits friends it'll starve.

That's where some of our religious festivals originate:

Bit chilly out. Now that we're all cavemen, I suppose we should be fattening up on root vegetables and salted dried meats while reducing energy expenditure and metabolic activity to a minimum, ideally lying down in semi darkened rooms. Possibly a gorge-fest at around the year end (pancake day, Mardi Gras, etc) to use up stocks followed by a couple of months of semi-fasting (Lent), before we can start enjoying fresh bunny again (Easter) in the Spring.

Edit: Actually, I guess you had exactly that in mind when you wrote that post!

Speak for thineself. Us medievalists are still sowing our meagre holdings with stout beans and onions. Then follows the implement maintenance, by tea light obviously.

Splitter!

Your devlish agricultural developments will lead you on the path to unrighteousness, albeit with some hearty winter soups for sustenance.

Have you seen the John Lewis advert where the bear is killed by the rabbit?

Bears are meant to hibernate. Getting up in the middle of winter will seriously damage its fat reserves and unless it eats all the little rabbits friends it'll starve.

Not yet, but I shall look out for it. It certainly sounds as if it raises previously unconsidered implications for my strategy.

Edit: Actually, I guess you had exactly that in mind when you wrote that post!

I was actually thinking of Xmas, but it makes more sense with Easter. I just need to think of an excuse to use up some of my stores at Xmas now.

I've pissed off to the Canary Islands. Hoping to miss winter entirely!

Mediteranean diet plus vitamin D vs. Paleo plus fasting. Let's arm wrestle when you get back, to prove which is best