House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
neon tetra

Tories Desperately Emailing Again

Could Help to Buy, 95% mortgages are the thing to do for the aspirational, hardworking Brit, the moment when psuedo-estate agent Cameron 'jumped the shark.'

The photo call is sooooo bad.

This could well be his "End to boom and bust" moment. When the PM stages a photo-call with people because he's managed to go coax them to take out a mortgage, that really is a through the looking glass moment, IMO. Go back 7 years and they were handing that nonsense out 95% LTV interest-only, self cert to anything with a pulse.

Now if you you go 95% LTV, certified earnings and repayment you get to go to Downing Street. I believe the vernacular is WTF? OMFG.

The people looked freaked out because they are - wouldn't you be if you tried to buy a 2-bed in Oldham and ended up stood behind the PM for that reason alone - I'd be similarly discombobulated if I made the New Year's Honours list for taking the bin out, which would have seemed just as likely as this fan dance a few short years ago.

Next step debt deflation? Wages are leading the way...

Still at least in the meantime we can marvel at the fact that we got to live through such times as these.

Wonder if they were told appear at the photo shoot or no loan :lol: Surely if that was the case they would make a nice payoff telling the story to some anti -Cameron newspaper?

There is a real sense of confusion and lack of any kind of power over events coming from the group at the back I feel? Sheeple is not just a word, it is a way of life.

That's the thing I don't get. When this all blows up the blame will be pinned squarely on the tories because of HTB. Very little if any will attach to labour despite it blowing the bubble up up to 2008. HTB is just so visible a policy.

Only another 18 months until the election, if they can keep the balls in the air until then the chances are they'll come crashing down on Labour's watch.

As far as I can see HTB isn't terribly much help at all and is mostly just a PR gimmick designed to give the impression of helping people onto the housing ladder and supporting prices without actually doing anything. Then when it all comes crashing down they can blame Labour for failing to take decisive action.

It might p*** off a lot of us on here but in terms of the wider public it's probably very good politics.

Only another 18 months until the election, if they can keep the balls in the air until then the chances are they'll come crashing down on Labour's watch.

As far as I can see HTB isn't terribly much help at all and is mostly just a PR gimmick designed to give the impression of helping people onto the housing ladder and supporting prices without actually doing anything. Then when it all comes crashing down they can blame Labour for failing to take decisive action.

It might p*** off a lot of us on here but in terms of the wider public it's probably very good politics.

+1

Very possibly bang on the money.

Given that Osborne and Cameron will now be chapter and verse on the mess we're in, HTB does look like a calculated risk to get them to the next General Election, an election that they may well be quite keen to lose. I'd speculate that really it's Fed policy that has got us this far and that the UK economy is really just pitching around in the storm subject to forces it cannot possibly control. Same as it ever was, (certainly in my lifetime).

This could well be his "End to boom and bust" moment. When the PM stages a photo-call with people because he's managed to go coax them to take out a mortgage, that really is a through the looking glass moment, IMO. Go back 7 years and they were handing that nonsense out 95% LTV interest-only, self cert to anything with a pulse.

Now if you you go 95% LTV, certified earnings and repayment you get to go to Downing Street. I believe the vernacular is WTF? OMFG.

The people looked freaked out because they are - wouldn't you be if you tried to buy a 2-bed in Oldham and ended up stood behind the PM for that reason alone - I'd be similarly discombobulated if I made the New Year's Honours list for taking the bin out, which would have seemed just as likely as this fan dance a few short years ago.

Next step debt deflation? Wages are leading the way...

Still at least in the meantime we can marvel at the fact that we got to live through such times as these.

That photo call really sums up everything you need to know about Britain's political and economic obsession with propping up house prices.

It is simply beyond any parody.

Edited by stormymonday_2011

At least if UKIP hold the sway of power maybe they will shake things up a bit...maybe people will see a change is possible.

Nothing can sway me from voting UKIP now. I am sure we will see a real nasty campaign against them though. The only thing that might stop me is if Gordon Brown, Tony Blair or Ed balls was my local candidate. :P

Same here..It's UKIP all the way for me. I don't care what the other three parties do or say anymore. They may as well impose a media blackout from now until the election as far as I'm concerned. Get it over with. The system is rotten to the core. Quite frankly, I don't care anymore about the whole 3 party political circus. George Carlin and Russell Brand summed it up for me regarding the current voting system. IT'S MEANINGLESS. The thing about UKIP is that they only have ONE policy - but it is a policy that is worth taking a punt on, that of getting out of the EU. The days of Labour, Tory and that other party are, for me, well and truly OVER.

Same here..It's UKIP all the way for me. I don't care what the other three parties do or say anymore. They may as well impose a media blackout from now until the election as far as I'm concerned. Get it over with. The system is rotten to the core. Quite frankly, I don't care anymore about the whole 3 party political circus. George Carlin and Russell Brand summed it up for me regarding the current voting system. IT'S MEANINGLESS. The thing about UKIP is that they only have ONE policy - but it is a policy that is worth taking a punt on, that of getting out of the EU. The days of Labour, Tory and that other party are, for me, well and truly OVER.

Actually, I would prefer that we remain in Europe, it's not as though the Commonwealth would welcome us back with open arms. But, the Conservatives are committed to a referendum if they win the next election, so not so much difference there.

From the Conservative website.

David Cameron has announced that if elected in 2015, a Conservative Government would negotiate a new settlement for Britain in Europe and then hold an in-out referendum to let the British public decide.

Actually, I would prefer that we remain in Europe, it's not as though the Commonwealth would welcome us back with open arms. But, the Conservatives are committed to a referendum if they win the next election, so not so much difference there.

From the Conservative website.

With all respect, Bruce, I don't trust the Tories on a referendum. My cynicism tells me that the referendum will be rigged.

With all respect, Bruce, I don't trust the Tories on a referendum. My cynicism tells me that the referendum will be rigged.

Point taken but I still won't, for the first time in my life, be voting Conservative.

Point taken but I still won't, for the first time in my life, be voting Conservative.

What seems to be missed in the politics of this is that it wasn't Europe that caused the financial crisis - they simply set themselves up to be first class victims of it.

'Conservatives' trying to get us out of Europe is a bit like having flame-throwing maniacs complaining that the Great Fire of Europe was caused by their wooden houses.

What seems to be missed in the politics of this is that it wasn't Europe that caused the financial crisis - they simply set themselves up to be first class victims of it.

There are two almost completely unrelated crises with completely different causes:

1. The banking crisis, caused by excessive leverage and the mispricing of risk on sub-prime mortgage instruments.

2. The Euro crisis, caused by inherent flaws in the single currency, uncompetetive peripheral countries and above all the fact that the European monetary policy is run for the benefit of the Germans alone.

The first crisis has been largely solved, the second is still waiting to explode.

'Conservatives' trying to get us out of Europe is a bit like having flame-throwing maniacs complaining that the Great Fire of Europe was caused by their wooden houses.

I've no idea what this means.

Here's the Foxtons board with their newest recruit

David-Cameron-welcomes-Mi-007.jpg

That photo makes me want to vomit.

The UK is being decimated by this man. Recklessly fuelling a dangerously overheated property market, creating yet more estate agents. At the same time, destroying shipbuilding.

He is utter scum, and I hope the electorate will throw him out.

There are two almost completely unrelated crises with completely different causes:

1. The banking crisis, caused by excessive leverage and the mispricing of risk on sub-prime mortgage instruments.
  2. The Euro crisis, caused by inherent flaws in the single currency, uncompetetive peripheral countries and above all the fact that the European monetary policy is run for the benefit of the Germans alone.

The first crisis has been largely solved, the second is still waiting to explode.

I've no idea what this means.

Not sure about that, they still need large numbers taking loans or the system dies? They can`t have property reverting to market driven prices or the banks die (again :lol: )?

This might be worth a thread all of its own if it has not yet got one, but here are the Tories taking serious steps to erase internet records of speeches etc going back several years. Computer Weekly has the story:

http://www.computerweekly.com/blogs/public-sector/2013/11/conservatives-erase-internet-h.html

The Conservative Party has attempted to erase a 10-year backlog of speeches from the internet, including pledges for a new kind of transparent politics the prime minister and chancellor made when they were campaigning for election.

Prime minister David Cameron and chancellor George Osborne campaigned on a promise to democratise information held by those in power, so people could hold them to account. They wanted to use the internet transform politics.

But the Conservative Party has removed the archive from its public facing website, erasing records of speeches and press releases going back to the year 2000 and up until it was elected in May 2010.

It also struck the record of their past speeches off internet engines including Google, which had been a role model for Cameron and Osborne's "open source politics".

And it erased the official record of their speeches from the Internet Archive, the public record of the net - with an effect as alarming as sending Men in Black to strip history books from a public library and burn them in the car park.

..continues.....

Moving old files off a website is one thing, but making deliberate attempts to eradicate records in public internet archives is quite another imo.

Still, I'm sure Dave&Co are transparent types who can be totally trusted to run an accountable Government.

This might be worth a thread all of its own if it has not yet got one, but here are the Tories taking serious steps to erase internet records of speeches etc going back several years. Computer Weekly has the story:

http://www.computerweekly.com/blogs/public-sector/2013/11/conservatives-erase-internet-h.html

Moving old files off a website is one thing, but making deliberate attempts to eradicate records in public internet archives is quite another imo.

Still, I'm sure Dave&Co are transparent types who can be totally trusted to run an accountable Government.

They probably used the Michael Green Info Pack on erasing an embarrassing past from the internet.

The first crisis has been largely solved

Which is why interest rates have reverted to historical norms and the Fed has cancelled it's QE policy.*

*Yes- I am posting this from the far future-and no I will not be posting any lottery numbers, so don't ask. :D