House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
neon tetra

Tories Desperately Emailing Again

A month ago I emailed you about the launch of the Conservative Help to Buy scheme.

Since Labour’s financial crisis, hardworking people have been priced off the property ladder because of the large deposits you have to put down. That’s why we introduced Help to Buy - to make it easier to get a mortgage by cutting the deposits you need.

Four weeks on and it is delivering. Here are the facts:

1. Over 2,000 people have already been accepted in principle for a Help to Buy mortgage - 75 families every day getting closer to owning their dream home

2. £365 million worth of mortgages are being processed - home sales that may never have happened otherwise

3. There are a third more houses being built now than this time last year

But this isn’t really about statistics. This is about people. Most applicants for Help to Buy are first-time buyers, young and have a roughly average household income.

If you support what we’re doing to help hardworking people like these, then make a donation today.

Unbelievably, Labour oppose Help to Buy. We want to help people get on in life and own their own homes - Labour want to pull the ladder away.

In the eighties, the Conservatives were the party of Right to Buy. In this decade, we’re the party of Help to Buy. This goes right to the heart of my plan for Britain - and now we’ve got to keep the momentum up.

A month ago I emailed you about the launch of the Conservative Help to Buy scheme.

Since Labour's financial crisis, hardworking people have been priced off the property ladder because of the large deposits you have to put down. That's why we introduced Help to Buy - to make it easier to get a mortgage by cutting the deposits you need.

1. Over 2,000 people have already been accepted in principle for a Help to Buy mortgage - 75 families every day getting closer to owning their dream home

2. £365 million worth of mortgages are being processed - home sales that may never have happened otherwise

But this isn't really about statistics. This is about people. Most applicants for Help to Buy are first-time buyers, young and have a roughly average household income.

If you support what we're doing to help hardworking people like these, then make a donation today.

Unbelievably, Labour oppose Help to Buy. We want to help people get on in life and own their own homes - Labour want to pull the ladder away.

In the eighties, the Conservatives were the party of Right to Buy. In this decade, we're the party of Help to Buy. This goes right to the heart of my plan for Britain - and now we've got to keep the momentum up.

Problem is, when I bought a house under the last Tory scheme 2 beds with back and front garden went for about 15k, so unless you stand up and tell the property mentalists to f*uck off and take their meds I will not be voting for you. Bye Bye (No Pun indebted)

If you support what we’re doing to help hardworking people like these, then make a donation today.

I've supported them all my life. Physical work as well as donations..... but no more. Next election I shall vote UKIP, not because I like UKIP, but I could never vote Labour and a vote for UKIP will probably piss them off almost as much.

I am not alone either, read the comments after this Telegraph article.... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/borrowing/mortgages/10439606/David-Cameron-95pc-mortgages-will-help-people-buy-their-dream-home.html

Edited by Bruce Banner

I've supported them all my life. Physical work as well as donations..... but no more. Next election I shall vote UKIP, not because I like UKIP, but I could never vote Labour and a vote for UKIP will probably piss them off almost as much.

I am not alone either, read the comments after this Telegraph article.

Really thinking now that I might vote UKIP. Would be my first vote in 15 or 16 years.

... Next election I shall vote UKIP, not because I like UKIP, but I could never vote Labour...

Pretty much the same thing isn't it? Vote UKIP, split the vote on the right and get Labour.

If Labour can get back in after 5 years after their 13 years of f***ing up the country then I'm leaving 'cos this country is f***ed. :(

Problem is, when I bought a house under the last Tory scheme 2 beds with back and front garden went for about 15k, so unless you stand up and tell the property mentalists to f*uck off and take their meds I will not be voting for you. Bye Bye (No Pun indebted)

i also email my local tory mp 'mark garnier' about help to buy and mass uncontrolled immigration 'more people need more houses'

the main reason i hate is it it has devalued my deposit as house price in my area have increased by 10 to 20k and made it quite risky to buy a house as if i lost my current job i would struggle to pay the mortgage on low paid job.

i got letter back saying that's the way it is get over it.

I am not regular voter but i will now vote ukip or local healthcare party and even got so angry i donated £50 to ukip.

really fed up the three main party's none deserve my vote.

Pretty much the same thing isn't it? Vote UKIP, split the vote on the right and get Labour.

If Labour can get back in after 5 years after their 13 years of f***ing up the country then I'm leaving 'cos this country is f***ed. :(

Imagine a Conservative/UKIP coalition. Now that would be funny, and not beyond the realms of possibility is they piss off enough of their core voters. Voters who, like me, would never vote Labour.

So if buying a one bedroomed slave box for £200k, your VERY FIRST START ON THE PONZI LADDER in the back end of no where is called as buying your DREAM home....... This can only be considered an EPIC FAIL!! dry.gif

Imagine a Conservative/UKIP coalition. Now that would be funny, and not beyond the realms of possibility is they piss off enough of their core voters. Voters who, like me, would never vote Labour.

Chances co UKIP getting any seats: 0.000000001%, more likely they'll get 7% or thereabouts nationally, enough to tip the balance and hand victory to Labour but too small to be in with a chance of winning any constituencies.

I wonder what the country will be like after 5 years with Len McLusky in charge. :(

Chances co UKIP getting any seats: 0.000000001%, more likely they'll get 7% or thereabouts nationally, enough to tip the balance and hand victory to Labour but too small to be in with a chance of winning any constituencies.

I wonder what the country will be like after 5 years with Len McLusky in charge. :(

So be it.

i also email my local tory mp 'mark garnier' about help to buy and mass uncontrolled immigration 'more people need more houses'

the main reason i hate is it it has devalued my deposit as house price in my area have increased by 10 to 20k and made it quite risky to buy a house as if i lost my current job i would struggle to pay the mortgage on low paid job.

i got letter back saying that's the way it is get over it.

I am not regular voter but i will now vote ukip or local healthcare party and even got so angry i donated £50 to ukip.

really fed up the three main party's none deserve my vote.

I`m still hoping that the EZ is going to break up anyway, saving us the trouble of having to "leave". Many many people will be voting UKIP I think.

Edited by dances with sheeple

Not so IMO. I used to vote labour, but never again, the open door immigration policy has wrecked my and my friends employment prospects. Labour have betrayed the poor.

I don't agree with every thing UKIP say, but I will be voting for them.

Not so IMO. I used to vote labour, but never again, the open door immigration policy has wrecked my and my friends employment prospects. Labour have betrayed the poor.

I don't agree with every thing UKIP say, but I will be voting for them.

So, if disgruntled Conservative AND disgruntled Labour voters turn to UKIP then it could be game on? I think the immigration thing is on the minds of many, and that will have an affect at the ballot box.

So, if disgruntled Conservative AND disgruntled Labour voters turn to UKIP then it could be game on? I think the immigration thing is on the minds of many, and that will have an affect at the ballot box.

Don't forget the LibDems. They are arguably most vulnerable of all.

Since Labour’s financial crisis, hardworking people have been priced off the property ladder because of the large deposits you have to put down. That’s why we introduced Help to Buy - to make it easier to get a mortgage by cutting the deposits you need.

But this isn’t really about statistics. This is about people. Most applicants for Help to Buy are first-time buyers, young and have a roughly average household income.

In the eighties, the Conservatives were the party of Right to Buy. In this decade, we’re the party of Help to Buy. This goes right to the heart of my plan for Britain - and now we’ve got to keep the momentum up.

Hmm, point of order with #1, the Government's own puff piece press release on the progress of HTB2 highlights 8 examples of people who have used the scheme. Of the 8 individuals/couples, only 2 are quoted as having children. Seems like the worst sort of political opportunism, "think of the children".

Help to Buy: stories from people who have benefited

Josh and Bethany from Darwen, Lancashire

Josh Riley, 22, and Bethany Riley, 23, are newlyweds and first-time buyers from Darwen. They said:

"Help to Buy has literally been a dream come true for us. Thanks to this wonderful opportunity we will be on the property ladder and in our own home for Christmas 2013. We are now looking forward to a long and happy future together without the worry of never owning our own home looming over us."

Aaron and Victoria from Yorkshire

First-time buyers Aaron Ward & Victoria Hajba are from York and currently renting in Doncaster. They are buying a house in Goole and are looking to move into their new home later this month.

Aaron is 24 years old and a computer network engineer. He said:

"We had been looking at buying a house for around 6 months, however could never seriously think about moving due to the large deposit required. We saw the Help to Buy scheme and expected to wait until January for the release. Due to the early arrival of the scheme we have now been able to buy our property much earlier than anticipated."

Stacey and Ryan from Maidstone

Stacey Judge and Ryan Parks live in Maidstone, Kent. Stacey, aged 24 is a nanny, Ryan, 24, is a welder. Stacey said:

"We have been saving for a while now and have been working really hard to get enough money for a deposit. We were both very happy to qualify for the Help to Buy scheme as we are now on the property ladder and have a lovely house much earlier than expected. The scheme really does benefit hard working people."

Sharon from Southampton

Sharon O’Donnell, estate agent, aged 30 from Southampton, said:

"It was really important for me, as a mother, to provide a safe, comfortable and stable environment for my daughter. And being an estate agent, I appreciated the importance of getting on the housing ladder. Without Help to Buy this wouldn’t have been a possibility."

Ian from Southampton

First-time buyer Ian Pidgley from Southampton is 22 years old and a marine electrician. Ian is looking to move into his new home in the new year. Ian said:

"The Help to Buy scheme started within a few days of me first contacting the mortgage advisor. It was really helpful, as it cut the deposit in half - in fact without it, I wouldn’t have been able to afford to buy at all. Now I can look forward to owning my own home."

Holly from Weston-super-Mare

Holly Sykes is a civil servant and her husband is a teacher. They have 2 children.

They said:

"This scheme has given us the opportunity to purchase a home to accommodate our family - without this scheme it would have been harder to move and buy the house we needed."

Louise from Bedford

First-time buyer Louise Cox from Bedford is 26 years old and a police officer.

She said:

"I have been saving to buy a house for approximately 4 years. I have been struggling to save a 10 per cent deposit, especially because I want to buy on my own. I was interested when the first Help to Buy scheme came out. However I did not want to buy a brand new house. I had heard rumours of a second help to buy scheme that may be out by January 2014. I kept saving and was pleased to hear when the scheme came out 3 months early. I quickly found a house I was interested in buying and was able to get the mortgage on the scheme. I am hoping to move in by the beginning of December."

Haley and Struan from Edinburgh

Haley Preston and her brother Struan Preston from Edinburgh, the first RBS customers to complete on a purchase, said:

"We’d been looking at buying a flat together before the scheme launched, but Help to Buy has made moving into one so much easier than we’d hoped. We’ve saved hard to pull together the deposit and owning our own property is a dream come true. I’d say to anyone else with a smaller deposit who thinks they can afford to pay a mortgage to speak to an adviser, like we did."

I really hope this scheme sinks the careers of a few politicos, starting with Dave&George.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/help-to-buy-puts-new-generation-of-home-owners-on-housing-ladder

So be it.

And with that the left's victory is complete for the rest of our lives.

The client state of public sector workers, welfare claimants and immigrants is now so large that it cannot be beaten. The centre ground where elections are won has been moved so far to the left that the right has fractured.

If the conservatives go right they lose votes to labour, if they go left they lose votes to UKIP, if they stay where they are they lose votes to both. In no scenario can any party hold the right together and win an election.

I suppose in another 20 years or so once labour have managed to return us to 1979 we might get another coalition for a couple of years but as a force the political right is now dead.

Which country are you going to move to?

For every labour vote UKIP gets I'll wager there are 10 conservative ones and for every worker who realises the damage labour have caused there'll be 10 benefits claimants who'll say "Tory toffs cut my benefits innit?"

Thatchers great achievement was to get the working class to vote for the right; Bliar & Broon have now destroyed the working class.

Edited by Goat

If you want your children to have a future I suggest you decide soon. :(

My children are all grown up and have good jobs. One has already left the country.

Edit: They also have dual nationality, so have a convenient bolt hole.

Edited by Bruce Banner

My children are all grown up and have good jobs. One has already left the country.

Fair enough.

Your not planning on keeping your assets in this country are you?

Fair enough.

Your not planning on keeping your assets in this country are you?

With respect Goat, leave it out. The idea that LibLabCon are different in a substantive way is laughable. Osborne has spent, borrowed and taxed more than Brown, remember. If you want an idea of what the Tories might have done in office when Tony&Gordon were around, look what happened to Howard Flight.

Getting back to the Tories 'family' line on HTB, look at the people behind the PM in the video, these are all people who have benefitted from the scheme. Do they all look like they have children to you? Mug youngsters morelike.

The idea that LibLabCon are different in a substantive way is laughable.

Ah, the other Telegraph bulls*** bingo buzzword.

If you can't tell the difference then god help you.