House Price Crash Forum

Alan Partridge - B T Ler

HOLA441
What is your biggest fear?

it’d probably be a sudden spike in interest rates. I’ve got a buy-to-let portfolio on a tracker mortgage and a one per cent rise will end me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/article-2490453/Alan-Patridge-Biggest-regret-I-wish-Id-fewer-children.html

Very good sir :D

Amusing article, if you can filter out the sub-editor referring to him as Alan Patridge.

Edited by Frank Hovis

HOLA442

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/article-2490453/Alan-Patridge-Biggest-regret-I-wish-Id-fewer-children.html

Very good sir :D

Amusing article, if you can filter out the sub-editor referring to him as Alan Patridge.

Excellent stuff.

Bit inconsistent perhaps, in "I'm Alan Partridge" he upgraded from a Rover to a Lexus, and here he is regretting mocking Jap cars owners through the 90s. Also, I thought he only had a son (Fernando :lol: ) but here he talks of more than one child. Happy to be enlightened.

A great character, and I like him more than Coogan himself in all honesty.

HOLA443

Excellent stuff.

Bit inconsistent perhaps, in "I'm Alan Partridge" he upgraded from a Rover to a Lexus, and here he is regretting mocking Jap cars owners through the 90s. Also, I thought he only had a son (Fernando :lol: ) but here he talks of more than one child. Happy to be enlightened.

I knew it was a boy and a girl but have just has to look up the girl's name: Denise.

I liked his discussion of his divorce where he's obtained access rights "But they don't want to see me!"

I knew he had that Lexus - the Japanese Mercedes B) that must have been late 90s early 00s.

(NB - I do realise that it's all made up, in case anybody feels the need to point that out, but Armando Ianucci is famous for insisting on a full and consistent back-story for characters, even if it's not used)

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
it’d probably be a sudden spike in interest rates. I’ve got a buy-to-let portfolio on a tracker mortgage and a one per cent rise will end me.

Shows the Coogan is a bit of a closet HPCer, I think. Taking a jibe at the dark secret of the btl-ers.

HOLA4411

Excellent stuff.

The original series in 1997 had him downsizing from a Rover 800 to a Rover 200 (with a wallnut gearknob.....)

It was only in the second series (c2002) that he got the Lexus.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

At one time, Mr Partridge had a maroon Ford Granada. I remember that, as I had one too, before I got a Lexus. :unsure: Never had a Rover though! :huh:

Yes, very early on he did. Being both a car nut and a Partridge nut I tend to remember these details!

Incidentally a friend of my mum's was in an episode of 'I'm Alan Partridge', she played Jill, Alan's receptionist who he has a one night stand with, and who smears him with chocolate mousse. She said Coogan basically gets into character as Partridge and ad-libs a lot of the lines, which makes it hard work for the others in the cast to keep up. She looks a bit bemused in some of the scenes, which apparently she genuinely was.

HOLA4417

Yes, very early on he did. Being both a car nut and a Partridge nut I tend to remember these details!

Incidentally a friend of my mum's was in an episode of 'I'm Alan Partridge', she played Jill, Alan's receptionist who he has a one night stand with, and who smears him with chocolate mousse. She said Coogan basically gets into character as Partridge and ad-libs a lot of the lines, which makes it hard work for the others in the cast to keep up. She looks a bit bemused in some of the scenes, which apparently she genuinely was.

I always thought the series rather good! Anyway yes, a maroon Ford Granada! With a 24 valve Cosworth engine! ;)

HOLA4418

That was one of the very funniest episodes. Hats off to your mum's friend.

HOLA4419

That was one of the very funniest episodes. Hats off to your mum's friend.

Absolutely! The owl sanctuary ... The boys are back in the barracks... Access to Dixons! :-)

Another car reference was in the xmas special Knowing Me Knowing Yule when he had a sponsorship deal with Rover to mention them!

Edited by mrtickle

HOLA4420

Ah, the lovely Jill :)

"What's a valance?"

"The curtain thing around the bed."

She was excellent, as are most of the supporting cast.