House Price Crash Forum

Man Dies After Accidentally Drinking £34,000 Of Crystal Meth Thinking It Was A Health Drink

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2495452/Man-dies-accidentally-drinking-34-000-crystal-meth-thinking-HEALTH-DRINK.html

Romano Dias, 55,was given bottle of what appeared to be a fruit-based drink by his daughter

It had ben delivered to her home in a package showing the correct address but the wrong name

After drinking half a glass of the drug Mr Dias began to feel ill and died shortly afterwards

She said he took a mouthful of the drink and had said that it tasted 'awful' before complaining that his throat was burning.

He then said: 'I am in trouble here. I am dying, I am dead.'

Analysis of the bottle, which had been labelled as a health drink, showed it contained £34,000 of pure methamphetamine.

Not sure I'd drink something like this if it had been delivered! Someone must be down a tidy sum if it's been sent to the wrong person.

HOLA442
HOLA443

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2495452/Man-dies-accidentally-drinking-34-000-crystal-meth-thinking-HEALTH-DRINK.html

Not sure I'd drink something like this if it had been delivered! Someone must be down a tidy sum if it's been sent to the wrong person.

Indeed. Any sensible person would throw it in the bin.

I'm surprised by the price on it, meth is simple enough to make, people make it in coffee machines in hotel rooms.

HOLA444

Indeed. Any sensible person would throw it in the bin.

I'm surprised by the price on it, meth is simple enough to make, people make it in coffee machines in hotel rooms.

All to do with the quality in my experience.

Which is the sum of watching the afore mentioned TV series.

Seemed to make it with a lot of expensive chemistry equipment so not sure your comment re hotels rooms is correct?

HOLA445

All to do with the quality in my experience.

Which is the sum of watching the afore mentioned TV series.

Seemed to make it with a lot of expensive chemistry equipment so not sure your comment re hotels rooms is correct?

There are different ways to make it:

Jim Wingo said the story is legit. A sergeant with the Missouri State Highway Patrol, Wingo said it's not only theoretically possible to cook meth in a small coffee pot, but a reality he's come across on the job. "I've seen it many times," Wingo said - both instances where the meth was cooked in a coffee pot, or the carafe has at least been used as glassware.

Roger Lake of the Washington State Narcotics Investigators Association said he never saw any evidence of coffee-makers being used to make meth, but he doesn't have any difficulty believing they could be put to such use in a hotel room. "It's not far-fetched at all, because a lot of people go to hotels [to cook meth]," he said.

That's a far cry from the image many people may have of meth labs existing only in extremely remote areas. There was merit to that image more than 10 years ago, when the once-predominant P2P (Phenyl-2 propanone) method of producing methamphetamine required far more precursor chemicals than could fit in a small container. In the mid-1990s, however, other methods of meth manufacture caught on, some of which are as simple as heating up a container. There are even methods that require no heat. "It's so easy," Wingo said. "Easier than you can probably imagine."

The cold-cook "Nazi" method and the red phosphorous ("Red P") method of manufacturing methamphetamine could both transpire in a miniature coffee-maker, said Lake, co-author of The Meth Prevention Cookbook. "All it takes is a vessel to cook it in," said Lake. A plastic bucket, a soda-pop bottle, or a glass carafe from a coffee-maker would do the trick. Heating the ingredients isn't even necessary, although it will speed up the process and result in a higher-quality yield.

In fact, a coffee-maker is an ideal vessel for the Nazi method, according to an Oklahoma Narcotics Officers Association report on red phosphorus methamphetamine labs by Detective Kurt Short on the Lawton, Okla. Police Department. The Nazi method typically produces only one- or two-ounce quantities, enough for personal use, small enough for the mini coffee-maker.

http://ineedcoffee.com/08/coffee-meth/

I've not seen Breaking Bad but isn't it about a scientist gone bad? In which case they need to present meth-making as difficult and a waste of his skills, so showing a method that any rural junkie could make in a Travelodge wouldn't fit with the narrative.

HOLA446
HOLA447

There are different ways to make it:

http://ineedcoffee.com/08/coffee-meth/

I've not seen Breaking Bad but isn't it about a scientist gone bad? In which case they need to present meth-making as difficult and a waste of his skills, so showing a method that any rural junkie could make in a Travelodge wouldn't fit with the narrative.

The narrative is a Chemistry teacher diagnosed with Lung Cancer and given a short while who wants to leave something for his family when he goes. As it happens he gets a bit of a remission allowing the series to go to 5 seasons.

To be fair to the makers they never go into the hows and whys but the story does portray the act of making it as skilled and very difficult if not impossible for a novice.

As already illustrated all about quality I suppose and the market for the better stuff.

HOLA448

I think the problem is getting hold of the precursor chemicals, a lot of which are controlled substances.

In BB they start of by getting pseudoephedrine from cold remedies but get into the big league by stealing a barrel of methylamine.

Archived