House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
corevalue

No Tax, No Nhi, Benefits, Work In Uk

Ever heard of EMBL-EBI?

If you are lucky enough to land a job with them, then you pay no tax, no national insurance, get free healthcare and childcare. Anyone heard of anything remotely similar?

D. Taxation

Because of EMBL special status as an international organisation salaries are subject to EMBL internal tax. Under the national agreements with Germany, UK, Italy and France, earnings from EMBL are not subject to national taxation

http://www.embl.de/aboutus/jobs/gl_recruitment/

Ever heard of EMBL-EBI?

If you are lucky enough to land a job with them, then you pay no tax, no national insurance, get free healthcare and childcare. Anyone heard of anything remotely similar?

http://www.embl.de/aboutus/jobs/gl_recruitment/

Yeah, I think it's true, but a scientific researcher's salary isn't really that great to start with.

You'll need a PhD in a relevant field as well.

Edited by Eddie_George

Yeah, I think it's true, but a scientific researcher's salary isn't really that great to start with.

You'll need a PhD in a relevant field as well.

Apparently, you don't need a PhD. I know of someone who might get a job as a secretary there, seems she would be eligible for these conditions as well.

Apparently, you don't need a PhD. I know of someone who might get a job as a secretary there, seems she would be eligible for these conditions as well.

Ah yeah, that job's for a group leader. Not sure how the non-research jobs tally with their real world counterparts.

I never fancied doing it, but if you're a native English speaker who is crap at languages (as many Brits are) it's a good way to live in a foreign European country and have a guarantee that your colleagues will speak English since it's the common language at these research centres.

Edited by Eddie_George

Ah yeah, that job's for a group leader. Not sure how the non-research jobs tally with their real world counterparts.

I never fancied doing it, but if you're a native English speaker who is crap at languages (as many Brits are) it's a good way to live in a foreign European country and have a guarantee that your colleagues will speak English since it's the common language at these research centres.

Except the job I'm talking about is in the UK. I was wondering if there were any more examples of tax-free employment in the UK.

A friend of ours is on a similar deal.

They are from Israel, receive a tax free salary from an Italian based EU organisation and work in the UK.

2 kids at school and use the NHS with no restrictions so I don't see how it is a good deal for our country overall.